Mos2 1st experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a long time lurker on here. Haven't posted in years. Recently bought some Mos2 on a whim just to try it out. I will say, after 1 day. You definitely can feel the smoothness everyone talks about. And it smoothed out my idle a bit. At least by 50% or more. I have a rough idle in a 2001 Nissan Altima. When its stopped and in drive, the idle is rough. So rough that I have to push into neutral at red lights because it gets obnoxious. Neutral, it's pretty smooth. Not sure what causes that but the liquid moly knocked it in half at least, if not more. Don't know how or why but it did. Just thought I'd offer some content since I get a lot of info from here. Feels good to give back. lol

On a side note, I've had a couple cars do what mine is doing. Why does it idle rougher in drive than it does in neutral or park? Would love to know the real cause to be able to fix it besides pouring MOS2 in every oil change.

Engine and transmission mounts worn. With all the improvements that have been made, these components never age well, and I'm not sure that it is ever worth the effort and expense to replace them.

I'm a big fan of MoS2! Started using it a few years ago and could feel the difference and it does continue to improve for about 1000 miles as people state. I had a dry spell and now I added it at my last oil change and fell back in love with it again! I'll definitely continue with it..
As for the vibration I had the exact same as what you described and had to shift into N at lights because the car used to shake in D. Turned out to be as simple as a couple of perished exhaust mounts! Replaced them and it's smooth as silk sat still in D now! The Moly also helped like you said too!

Originally Posted By: Kansas_Ron
Engine and transmission mounts worn. With all the improvements that have been made, these components never age well, and I'm not sure that it is ever worth the effort and expense to replace them.

+1

I dig it too have a 1997 corolla with 135K miles on it. it was rough running ran a bottle of NAPA Moly in it after 100 miles it runs like a champ! good stuff

Originally Posted By: 300m2000
I'm a long time lurker on here. Haven't posted in years. Recently bought some Mos2 on a whim just to try it out. I will say, after 1 day. You definitely can feel the smoothness everyone talks about. And it smoothed out my idle a bit. At least by 50% or more. I have a rough idle in a 2001 Nissan Altima. When its stopped and in drive, the idle is rough. So rough that I have to push into neutral at red lights because it gets obnoxious. Neutral, it's pretty smooth. Not sure what causes that but the liquid moly knocked it in half at least, if not more. Don't know how or why but it did. Just thought I'd offer some content since I get a lot of info from here. Feels good to give back. lol

On a side note, I've had a couple cars do what mine is doing. Why does it idle rougher in drive than it does in neutral or park? Would love to know the real cause to be able to fix it besides pouring MOS2 in every oil change.

I guess it is to time to change ATF or the engine mount

Mos2 works great in higher viscosity oil requirements. Glad its working. Once you use it cut dosage by 1/3rd as it only needs enough to maintain itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back