Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country Tour, the Good/Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to buy 4 tires for the 08 jeep, grand cherokee. The goodyear fortera hl on the car are about shot. Anyone have or tried the uniroyal laredo cross country tour tires? I can get these $141.00 ea. installed. Not to happy with the goodyear fortera's. Not looking for high dollar tires, wife drives about 4 miles total a day to work and back. Just some good all season tires. Anyone try the online Tire Buyer out? Some really good prices there and I have several installers near me, free shipping to them. Anyone try or use the fuzion tires? What's really hurting me is I need to replace my TPMS sensors, 1 or more need replaced, light remains on, what a rip off, most want around $90.00 installed and programed when I get tires. Found 1 at $65.00 ea. Like to hear the good and bad on the tires. Thanks.

Don't know about the tires you asked about, but tirebuyer was good the time I dealt with them. The only thing to be aware of is that they charge sales tax. You could also use discount tire direct if you want free shipping. When I used DTD they sent me those TPMS sensors with my order.

I used the Uniroyal's 10 years ago on my pickup trucks and suv's loved them low noise great mileage and good looks IMO. Plus Uniroyal is owned by Michelin.

There site said no sale tax, for my order. That's a very good point about the noise. Checked a few more tire dealers, they all seem to want 80 to 90 bucks per tpms sensors. what a rip off, I hear I can thank Ford for these sensors. So, at buy tire, 4-245/65r17 uniroyal laredo cross country tour are $463.96. The installer charge $16.50 ea[66.00],and I talked to the installer, the tpms are $80.00 a piece, install and program. $849.00, xtra $20.00 0ff, $829.00 total, $207.25 per tire. Those tpms drive it up terribly. Thinking about the goodyear fortera HL tires, total $789.96. Will get something.

I've never been a big Uniroyal fan. Had some years ago, decided not to go with them again. I also don't get worked up with the TPMS. I don't mind a light, I check PSI fairly often.

I understand, have a piece of black tape covering light, past 3 months. Jeep comes up for state inspection in a few months, was told and heard the jeep could flunk inspection because of that light, safety issue was told. I don't know????? My 07 pickup has a piece of tape also. Worked up, naw, just don't need hassles to get that $80.00 inspection sticker. More of a pain in the butt.

tire buyer is a good website. offers plenty of discounts etc. I would double check the installation prices. Lot of the times they differ from what tirebuyer says. The uniroyals are a good tire. Should be good for your application. If you are looking for another option the General Grabber HTS is also a good option

I checked with the installer, and yes, as tire buyer site said, $16.50 per tire, total $66.00. Also, he said he would install tpms for free if I purchased myself,,,,,but he said his program machine must be able to program, he has the tpms for $80.00 ea. I ordered 4 from rock auto, $31.99 ea., with discount, shipping was free. Also, they have a 30 day return, that was the key. Tire Rack had them for $32.00 each, but no return, because they where considered special order item. Also decided to go with Goodyear Fortera hl,,4 tires $403.96 with the coupons, $66.00 install fee, total $469.96. Hopefully the tpms work with his programmer, they're from standard motor products. Bringing total to $584.41. Saving over $200.00 since I started searching.

Last edited:
All's done, took tpms,made by standard motor products, the garage tested one, all's good, set for tires 4 tires and 4 tpms install Saturday, saved $225 to $300 from other garage estimates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back