Is Ford Ecoboost used outside the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me I am not up to date in what engines Ford uses in the world wide market.
Do they use the Ecoboost design outside of the USA in any numbers? If so what displacements are used/popular?

Thanks

Yes, 1.5/1.6, 2.0, 2.3 for sure. A lot of the new Mustangs that are being sent overseas are 2.3L models, but the most popular orders are ones with the 5.0L.

Ford fiesta...ford B-max..ford C-max.. Ford Mondeo..ford Focus...1.0 ecoboost
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Yes, 1.5/1.6, 2.0, 2.3 for sure. A lot of the new Mustangs that are being sent overseas are 2.3L models, but the most popular orders are ones with the 5.0L.

Yep, we get all those here, along with the 1.0. We don't yet see any of the V6's.

Focus (apart from the ST) is now only available here with the 1.5 EB engine. It also runs a conventional 6 speed automatic - the disastrous Powershift has been dropped.

Originally Posted By: hpb
Yep, we get all those here, along with the 1.0. We don't yet see any of the V6's.

Focus (apart from the ST) is now only available here with the 1.5 EB engine. It also runs a conventional 6 speed automatic - the disastrous Powershift has been dropped.

I totally forgot about the 1.0L.

That is awesome they dropped the DSP6 on the Focus there. It is a complete and total disaster from a service perspective. The clutches take 8-12 weeks to come in at a minimum. I ordered about 250 in November and received 7 from that order in late March.

So it looks like most of the inline models but not the V6 2.7 or 3.5. Anyone care to speculate why?

Plenty of reason for certain countries. Extra tax on larger motors and not much sales of a f150 over seas same for the flex and Taurus.

Down Under they used to have a supercharged in-line six that was way cool. Never made it to NA. Don't know if it made it to Euro...

In South America I understand that they are still using the Y-Block for trucks and industrial applications ...

Originally Posted By: panther427
Plenty of reason for certain countries. Extra tax on larger motors and not much sales of a f150 over seas same for the flex and Taurus.

Show's the era and location I am from. I think of those as smaller motors
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Forgive me I am not up to date in what engines Ford uses in the world wide market.
Do they use the Ecoboost design outside of the USA in any numbers? If so what displacements are used/popular?

Thanks

Here's the 2.0 in the falcon, making it the first Oz platform to have 4, 6, and 8 cylinders available in the same chassis

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/falcon?searc...vktkBoCxEXw_wcB

That used to be GM's forte.

You realize European lineups have had small turbo engines for decades, right? We're behind over here.

Originally Posted By: hpb
Focus (apart from the ST) is now only available here with the 1.5 EB engine.

Does your Fiesta ST have the same 1.6 EcoBoost that we get in ours?

I have a customer with a 2015 Ford Lobo with the 3.5 Ecoboost.

On Tuesday a Nissan Tiida [Versa] came in with Ecoboost AWD badges on the front door. I resisted the urge to inform the customer that his Nissan was neither a Ford, nor a turbo, nor even four wheel drive.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: BeerCan

Thanks

Here's the 2.0 in the falcon, making it the first Oz platform to have 4, 6, and 8 cylinders available in the same chassis

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/falcon?searc...vktkBoCxEXw_wcB

That used to be GM's forte.

Didn't the early Commodore have 4, 6 & 8 cylinder options for a few years ?

Originally Posted By: KingCake
You realize European lineups have had small turbo engines for decades, right? We're behind over here.

Yes. My interest is only in the Ford Ecoboost. I am just curious how their usage in other parts of the world compared to the USA.

Yeah, VC series (GM) Holden Commodore, 1980-81
Engines:
1.9L I-4
2.85L & 3.3L I-6
4.2L & 5.0L V8

But, it is good to see it back in the Ford Falcon, and this time the Falcon Turbo I-4 is worth having, unlike the old 58kW Starfire Four from the early 80's

Toranas were the first of the 4, 6, 8.

I've owned them all, and amazingly, 1.9 through to 308, they were within 1MPG of each other on the highway...around town was a very, very different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back