Honda Accord VTC Actuator Update.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're going to start it up tonight around 11pm to see if it rattles? If it does rattle you might not be able to sleep tonight.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
So you're going to start it up tonight around 11pm to see if it rattles? If it does rattle you might not be able to sleep tonight.

Not quite lol. I am at a friend's house now and will be leaving later tonight so I'll see then. Thinking the new part should work since Honda has been working on it for some time now

Originally Posted By: Vikas
OK; I have to ask.

If you are asking for an update, here it is. The car has had a couple times to sit for 6+ hours (or close to it) without a start, and I haven't heard any rattle / grind. I also got the work order from the dealer ship yesterday. Some of you had wanted to know what parts were replaced. Well, the only parts listed were the VTC Actuator and Hondabond. So no timing chain or tensioner. I am not going to complain though, the engine is running smooth and Honda paid for it under warranty so I am a happy customer. I am glad I had it looked at in September to have the issue documented. All I had to do this time was call up to see if they had the updated part, make an appointment then drop it off, no questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back