Anyone used new Prestone stopleak with Kevlar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why purchase this when the tablets are cheap, very effective, won't clog anything, and approved by multiple OEM's?

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Why purchase this when the tablets are cheap, very effective, won't clog anything, and approved by multiple OEM's?

I know this will sound weird but... I read somewhere on BITOG that the tablets are **Ginger Root** particles .

Originally Posted By: SumpChump

I know this will sound weird but... I read somewhere on BITOG that the tablets are **Ginger Root** particles .
I just used them on my Ranger with the timing cover leak- so far stopped all signs of a leak.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump

jL8xLzX.png

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Sounds like a good way to clog your heater core and/or radiator.

And this is based upon???

I just replaced a 20 year old radiator that I kept some stop leak in for almost the whole time. No clogging in the radiator. The only place I saw any evidence of stop leak was where the seam was at the plastic tank, where it was leaking.

I don't know about the Prestone stuff, but I have used the GM/Bar's leak tablets with very good results.

My Oldsmobile radiator just sprang a leak the other day, and I decided to use the Subaru coolant conditioner, which is actually Holts Radweld. Cost me $2.07 out the door at my local Subaru parts department. Put one 4.4 ounce bottle in, and drove it to a Shell gas station about five miles away with the heat on, and the leak had already stopped when I pulled in to fill up with gas.

The Holts Radweld is made in England for Subaru, and that information is on the back side of the bottle. I did not want to fool around with crushing the tablets, and waiting for them to dissolve in warm water, which is the way I do it. The Subaru/Holts is already in a concentrated form, and all I had to do was shake it real good. It was also cheaper than the Bar's/GM tablets too, which surprised me.

I had Bars Stop Leak in my Aerostar beater for many years. The heat worked fine, and it stopped the radiator from leaking w/o overheating issues. Not all stop leak products are bad, and they can save you money in a car you don't want to fix for whatever reason you might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back