Non- blue, Ford Blue Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the Ford Oval on the back of a newer Ford Pickup. But inside the oval, it was red, just like the color of the pickup, not blue. Has anyone else seen this. Is this something new?

this kind of emblem cancer is become extremely common.

30014d1320013038-removing-clearcoat-ford-emblem-grill.jpg

back in the olden days(Model T) the Units built for export got a Red Ford Oval, while Domestic Production was blue. This of course was before they started producing them overseas as well.

I've seen a few around here blacked out too. IMHO looks stupid - rather than black it out just debadge it.

It's easy to do. You take the badge off and separate the two pieces. Sand and paint the back of the clear piece and glue it back together. I have done a few back in the day.

Last edited:
There is a non-blue Ford oval logo currently in production by Ford Motor Company. It's the Ford oval logo on the steering wheel of the 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum model. This logo is platinum in color (of course), and it looks very classy.

A lot of the Ford Ovals around here are just plain chrome.... The blue paint wears off.

Ford needs to seriously step up the game, branding is very important. The older Ford emblems were much tougher, back in the 1980's.(Ford Tough)

Now they are just a molded plastic emblem with blue paint that wears off and looks like ugly buttocks.

Shows you how much Ford cares about their "brand".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: otis24
Saw the Ford Oval on the back of a newer Ford Pickup. But inside the oval, it was red, just like the color of the pickup, not blue. Has anyone else seen this. Is this something new?

I've seen it done on an Escape forum I'm a part of. The guy took the emblem apart and painted it himself though.

I think Ford needs to get on this fast. I Love me some Fords but I HATE how the blue oval clashes (color-wise) with about everything they make. They should at least offer a body matching emblem.

Like others are saying, alot of the emblems are fading and the paint is wearing off. No idea whats causing it but I see it all over on Edges, Explorers, and F150s. Maybe model years 2008+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back