Spanish Fried Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I bought some laying hens last year and now I'm covered up with eggs. Been looking for new ways to use them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
IIRC olive oil isn't supposed to be used for cooking (heating).

Huh? That does not make sense....it may not handle high heat but it sure can handle enough heat to cook eggs

Lolvoguy said:
IIRC olive oil isn't supposed to be used for cooking (heating). [/quote

News to me. I have been cooking and frying with EV Olive oil all my life. My Mother did also. She is in her late nineties. I had better give her a call to let her know about this.

I think the multinationals corps that run cheap commodities through state of the art production facilities and then sell the resulting products at substantial profits came up with that one. People have been cooking with olive oil for a little while.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
IIRC olive oil isn't supposed to be used for cooking (heating).

Seriously? Millions of people who live in the Mediterranean region are laughing hysterically right now.
Originally Posted By: Toaster_Jer
Far as I was told, one should cook with virgin olive oil and use extra virgin on cool stuff like salads.

That simply isn't correct. Either can be used for cooking, and since olive oil meeting the US Extra Virgin grade has better flavor and odor it is a better choice for raw consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back