R/C copters - anyone gone from an FP to a CP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have an FP helicopter and I'm considering going to a CP as you can do a lot more maneuvers with them. However, I'm leery about making the switch because I am so used to flying FPs I'm afraid I will power a CP straight into the ground the first time I get into trouble with it. I instinctively pull the throttle all the way down on the FP when I get in trouble with it, which on a CP would be full throttle in reverse thrust. For those of you who have made the switch, how long did it take you to get used to the CP, and how many times did you drive it into the ground at full reverse throttle?

With a CP heli you have to hit throttle hold to kill the motor instead of lowering the throttle. What CP heli do you have/getting? My first CP heli was the Blade mCPX.

Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
With a CP heli you have to hit throttle hold to kill the motor instead of lowering the throttle. What CP heli do you have/getting? My first CP heli was the Blade mCPX.

I know, but I've had the pull-the-throttle-down mentality for so long, I'm afraid that will be my first instinct when flying CPs as well. I have been looking at the that very copter. Is that a good first CP?

For sure! If you fly it over grass, tall grass is even better, it is almost impossible to break. You might have a readjust a few things but nothing breaks. What transmitter are you using?

If you don't already know, Helifreak.com is a forum all about R/C helicopters. There is TONS of info on the Blade mCPX.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
"Real" rotary wing aircraft have governed engines and collectives.

Yep, and so do CP r/c helicopters. The engine/motor speed is fixed and you use collective to climb/descend.

Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
For sure! If you fly it over grass, tall grass is even better, it is almost impossible to break. You might have a readjust a few things but nothing breaks. What transmitter are you using?

Right now I'm just using the Tx that came with the Blade 120. I will need to get one that I can use with all of my helis...Maybe a DX6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back