Replacement bulb for indication light on cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cruise control light went out. Does anyone know how to go about finding the part needed for this or is the dealer the only option? I can't find anything but instrument cluster lights which appear to be for the general back lighting of the gauge cluster.

What car you talking about? You can usually figure it out by doing some googling and checking rockauto.. If all else fails when you get it apart just carry the bulb down to the parts store and match it up.

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
What car you talking about? You can usually figure it out by doing some googling and checking rockauto.. If all else fails when you get it apart just carry the bulb down to the parts store and match it up.

I wanted to make sure I could get the part before taking things apart. Rockauto doesn't have anything to cover this.

It is the cruise control light on the 2007 Escape XLS.

U may have to take it apart and pull the bulb, then take it to the local auto part store to get the direct replacement bulb. Or visit the dealer and so them

On a 2007 it may be a LED and not expected to burn out or need replacing. You could consult with a dealer to see if it is indeed a field-replaceable incandescent at all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mk378
On a 2007 it may be a LED and not expected to burn out or need replacing. You could consult with a dealer to see if it is indeed a field-replaceable incandescent at all.

I don't think there is an LED in the entire car.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=l8niEZM%2bFxM2Q9uC0Gny2w%3d%3d&id=345928000&m=2&search=true&year=2007&make=Ford&model=Escape

That may be what you are looking for, or they may have it. List several bulbs that go in the dash. Also rockauto has DORMAN 639048 listed as the instrument cluster bulbs.

Last edited:
So i got the cruise control light replaced and working. yeah!

I turn on the lights to drive to work this morning and half of my gauge backlights (tach and water temp) weren't working, ugh. The water backlight came on while driving to work and so did half of the tach backlight. I'm not sure How I will fix this if the tach backlight doesn't come all the way back. There were no replaceable bulbs for those areas that I could find.

I have a 96 Taurus and replaced all my cluster (instrument panel) lights with LED and wow what a difference . Just google your vehicle and instrument cluster lights and see what comes up. I ordered most of my lights off Amazon. I think for the Guages I got 194W and for the turn signals, and warning lights I think they were 74W for my instrument panel. Guages got a mixture of Cool White, Blue and Green , turn signals and bright light indicator were green and blue 74W and set belt, air bag, check engin , I mixed different colors of amber, red, orange, purple ... really cool and they will last much longer than the other bulbs. No wiring needed just plug them in to the sockets.

I just got a box of PC74s from Oreilly. It was like $2.50 or something and about 15minutes of work. All the lights are replaced now (learned my lesson) and everything works again.

Amazon has some of the LED packs for $10 but considering the gauges control the color and the incandescent is bright enough, there was no point in going LED for me. I doubt I'll have to change them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back