took my 351W to the machine shop last Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
true - although the shop is recommending an Edelbrock air gap for my type of driving. (street, instead of track) although I'm not sure its gonna fit (with a carb and an air filter) under the hood. yes, I will use a dropped air filter - but I don't wanna cut a hole in the hood!

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
true - although the shop is recommending an Edelbrock air gap for my type of driving. (street, instead of track) although I'm not sure its gonna fit (with a carb and an air filter) under the hood. yes, I will use a dropped air filter - but I don't wanna cut a hole in the hood!

Your type of driving is something the cam grinder will keep in mind with their intake recommendation as well. I highly advise following their recommendation over the shop's, as the cam will be setup for that combination of parts.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27

Have you though of using a Vortech carb enclosure, then put a cone filter in a convenient location? They might have a lower profile than a carb with a dropped air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back