techron fuel injector vs techron Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used Chevron for years and now they gone around here close...Used Techron after that and now there are two techron products.. techron fuel injector , techron Plus..Any Ideas? Charlie

The injector cleaner has very low concentrations of PEA. I wouldn't bother.

You want the Concentrate version. Amazon has it, but most auto parts stores run a BOGO deal at least once or twice a year.

I usually buy a few Techron Plus bottles when it's on BOGO....I wonder if it loses effectiveness over time?

I agree...use the TPlus...it's got more PEA..

I did some poking around a while ago when I saw the Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner show up at WalMart and posted this in the rebates, deals, etc. forum.

"I think I figured it out.
The MSDS for Techron Concentrate Plus shows that it is 30-60% a trade secret ingredient labelled 01154100-5179P. I'm thinking this must be the PEA, the other ingredients are 25-75% light distillates and a bunch of things under 5%.
I did find an MSDS for the Techron Fuel Injector Cleaner on a 3rd party website, and 01154100-5179P is only 3-7%. The main ingredients are So, yes, the latter product is "weak sauce"!

BTW, Stoddard Solvent was used for dry cleaning until the 1950s. It can also be used a paint thinner."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back