Piston soak alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ChristianReske
Cujet, its O.K. But what will work then?
Whats your recomendation if all other stuff dont work?

You mention methylene chloride. I know this stuff, ist a very good plastic glue. I can get a bottle without problems

Methylene chloride is one of the most aggressive solvents available. It will attack most anything including dried paint. Few elastomers are truly resistant to it, there's no way I would put that in my engine.

It's also not a plastic "glue", it solvent bonds polymers such as polycarbonate by dissolving each portion to be bonded and then evaporating.

It also tries to dissolve anything fatty in your body including your liver and brain. Please be careful with that.

I have had great success with BG EPR - - - PITA Audi engine.

I tried two soaks with B-12 prior - - I got better results with the BG product.

Do a google search - its actually for this function.

I want to report back.
But due to the extremly bad weather here i just managed to ride about 800 Km until now.
So, it´s to early to judge, but it looks promissing.

You have access to the products you want, you are just looking in the wrong place. Go by your local Sthil chainsaw dealer and ask for upper cylinder cleaner. It's a solution that must sit there over night. If the rings are stuck, they will not be by the next day
smile.gif

Alternatively, you can go by any big shooting sports store and get some carbon barrel cleaning solution. Same deal, big slug over night in each cylinder. Spin it over to blow out the next day. Do not let it get on any paintwork!! Put the plugs back in and fire it up. Ride around the block and change the oil
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back