Floor mats for trucks with rubber flooring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Donald
I know long time ago cars did not have carpet (my Dad's 1960 Chevy wagon) and after a few years your heel wore a hole through the vinyl flooring.

Yep, take a look at any long term police vehicle with similar flooring or a taxi that used to be a police vehicle. Heck, take a look at taxis with a carpet, even.
wink.gif

If you like the WT mats, I think the Velcro idea is a good one. I'm going to suggest it to my friend, as a matter of fact, who has the WT mats and the F-150.

My Silverado has the vinyl or rubber flooring, and I use the weathertech custom fit mats in it. To keep thm from sliding, I ordered more mat anchors off ebay and drilled the holes in the weathertech mat with a spade bit. It looks completely like it's supposed to be there. I drilled the hole in the mat first, then placed the mat where I wanted it on the floor and marked the hole where the anchor will go with a paint marker.

Last edited:
ebay link

I used anchors similar to these. You'll be able to find a better price if you search ebay. The mats won't slip and slide on the floor. I used two for each mat towards the rear of the weathertech mat.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
ebay link

I used anchors similar to these. You'll be able to find a better price if you search ebay. The mats won't slip and slide on the floor. I used two for each mat towards the rear of the weathertech mat.

How does this anchor attach to the floor?

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
ebay link

How does this anchor attach to the floor?

What I do is mark where I want the retainer to go, then there is a pointy threaded tip that you just poke into the truck's vinyl mat and screw it in. They stay put and hold the weathertech mats well. I've had mine for almost 4 years as I bought the mats about the same time as the truck

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
WeatherTech responded to an inquiry email to check back in a few months and they may have some floor mats designed for vehicles with vinyl flooring.

You want to make sure they actually protect the flooring.......Do you remember the plastic bedliners that seemed to rust out the bed they were supposed to be protecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back