Honda is probably loosing money with this car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda has S660 (kei-car) in Japan, but they don't import it to US. Reviews on this car were very positive.

There was a rumor they were working on 1L engine for European and Asian market.

They sold out all 8,600 cars planed for 2015 in Japan within months.

http://www.motor1.com/news/57633/honda-s...rs-are-over-40/

honda_s660_roadster_05_960_640.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
I think this new NSX was yet another mistake especially since it doesn't follow the recipe of the original.
$150K for a Honda? IMO They are going to hit the same brand name roadblock VW did with the Phaeton. No matter if its carrying the US market brand name Acura.

Honda/Acura didn't have any car with MSRP over $30-35k in 1990, the 1991 NSX had MSRP of $60k or $70k and sold for much more than that.

I don't know if 2017 NSX will be as hot, probably not.

Last edited:
I have seen and semi torn down one of these. I think you guys should wait to see one before you form an opinion on the NSX. Remember that the original NSX redefined the status quo for the "super car" and in many ways this one will as well. The biggest competitor it has is the previous generation, talk about big shoes to fill. No, it is not the visceral and raw original, but debuting a car like that in today's market would not be a smart move by Acura, nor would it sell well. Ask yourself if you would buy a car with 250ish HP for ~$60K today, how about when you adjust for inflation? Halo cars define brand DNA, and really the NSX is exactly what Acura needs, the cars are seriously bland. When the drivetrain format from the NSX starts to filter down through the rest of the models, people will be excited to drive them again. I believe that they are worth far more than the MSRP, dealer "market adjustments" notwithstanding. The level of engineering, synergy of design, and build quality is impressive. That is coming from someone who doesn't get their skirt blown up by cars much as I see them as nuts and bolts and problems to fix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back