Another question regarding E10 additives with 2T e

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched around here trying to get caught up with ethanol fuel additives.

Hopefully I can get a simple, Easy answer.

I have a fresher built high performance AC 2T scooter engine.

I have been adding 1oz of Stable Ethanol Fuel Treatment to each 5Gal of 93 octane, E10 gasoline that I mix with a 36:1 ratio of 2T oil.

I've been adding it in an attempt to maintain a quality fuel blend and prevent any of the negative reports of e10 in small, carburetor 2T engines.

I don't know if it's absolutely necessary, or if it is beneficial at all. I was actually somewhat concerned if it could be detrimental in any way.

I just uses the last of the Stabil, and was looking at products on the shelf at the store. There seems to be a few different brands that are readily available.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't be using one of these additives?

Are there any positive thoughts on the Lucas Safeguard Ethanol treatment? I've noticed over the years that there isn't much positive to say on Lucas Fuel Injector/UCL which was been around for a long time.

STP Ethanol is another option. Never been an STP guy. Should I become one?

Stabil Ethanol. Should I simply keep using this?

Without any info, I was leaning toward using the Lucas Safeguard. It seems to be a better value than the Stabil, and the printed info on the bottle sounds good. I don't know if there is any real cleaning to be done on a 2T engine, and I don't think any of these would really do much.

I'd prefer to use something that I can buy locally off the shelf that doesn't cost a fortune.

Thanks!

Regarding E10...it increases octane rating of your fuel...so from that aspect your 2T engine is on safe side...

I dont have any expirience with "gasohol" here...but I wouldnt be bothered...I would use it without any aditives and I would clean my carburetor more often

I'd think you do have experience KameleON, isn't it mandatory in the whole EU to have at least 5 (or 10?) percent of 'bio component' (ethanol or ETBE) in our fuel?
Absolutely no ill effects I know of thus far.
Not in our scooter (50cc LC Peugeot Ludix Blaster), nor the GS.

I think we have 5% in Slovenia
smile.gif

No ill effects in my Gilera runner....Tomos racing...2 chainsaws..trimmer...b&s lawnmover and Tecumseh snowthrower
smile.gif

I dont get it why jerrys are complicating about E10 that much....like that they have completely different gasoline...or faulty quality control...

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
I think we have 5% in Slovenia
smile.gif

No ill effects in my Gilera runner....Tomos racing...2 chainsaws..trimmer...b&s lawnmover and Tecumseh snowthrower
smile.gif

I dont get it why jerrys are complicating about E10 that much....like that they have completely different gasoline...or faulty quality control...

Beyond a certain percentage it gets MUCH worse on fuel system components unless they are specially made to work with ethanol blend. Many 2T products dont have this even now..
for instance fuel line on many small OPE(outdoor power equipment) disintegrate after 3-5 years.

There was a push for 15% ethanol gas here and almost all vehicle manufacturers have been saying 10% max..

With ethanol imploding in the US the push has backed off for now.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
I've searched around here trying to get caught up with ethanol fuel additives.

Hopefully I can get a simple, Easy answer.

I have a fresher built high performance AC 2T scooter engine.

I have been adding 1oz of Stable Ethanol Fuel Treatment to each 5Gal of 93 octane, E10 gasoline that I mix with a 36:1 ratio of 2T oil.

I've been adding it in an attempt to maintain a quality fuel blend and prevent any of the negative reports of e10 in small, carburetor 2T engines.

I don't know if it's absolutely necessary, or if it is beneficial at all. I was actually somewhat concerned if it could be detrimental in any way.

I just uses the last of the Stabil, and was looking at products on the shelf at the store. There seems to be a few different brands that are readily available.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't be using one of these additives?

Are there any positive thoughts on the Lucas Safeguard Ethanol treatment? I've noticed over the years that there isn't much positive to say on Lucas Fuel Injector/UCL which was been around for a long time.

STP Ethanol is another option. Never been an STP guy. Should I become one?

Stabil Ethanol. Should I simply keep using this?

Without any info, I was leaning toward using the Lucas Safeguard. It seems to be a better value than the Stabil, and the printed info on the bottle sounds good. I don't know if there is any real cleaning to be done on a 2T engine, and I don't think any of these would really do much.

I'd prefer to use something that I can buy locally off the shelf that doesn't cost a fortune.

Thanks!

No additives are necessary if you use your mix in 2-3 months. If you keep it longer then that, the Stable will be all you need. Don't know anything about STP, forget about Lucas. Waste of money.

I use Stable red at 2X dose for my OPE fuel. I keep it for a year without problems. For my 2 cycle mix, anything over 3 months, I dump it in my riding mower and mix fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back