2010 Honda Accord: New Wheels and Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you get oem wheels in 16 and powder coat them? I like the black wheel look (of course, I like black steelies too!) and agree-- oem wheels will beat aftermarket spec.

For that price however, at least check tirerack--- there may be some conservative American Racing wheels or similar in that price range. Could work up a tire and rim package, mounted, balanced & shipped to your door.

Just browse craigslist for alloys then. You'll have to keep your eye on it because there are certainly other guys that want them. Find out what other wheels fit that are also Honda factory alloys. Maybe pilot or crv? Broaden your search that way.

The oem pilot HX mxm4? tires are pretty average and mediocre.

I wouldn't buy them.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I would also look at TIRERACK to see what they have in wheel/tire combo that are the correct size and fit. Ed

I just checked TIRERACK and a set of OK rims and Michelin's was $1650. Plus, I'd have to pay to have the dealership reset/re-learn the new TPMS's.

So, I would save myself a few hundred bucks AND get OEM wheels....

Definitely search craigslist, ebay and car forums for take offs. A super popular car almost guarantees you can score a set of OEM wheels with quality tires for not much more than just the tire value.

It may take some time, but be patient and you'll find them.

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
I meant find a set of Honda factory alloy wheels. Not just the tires. I'm sure the pilot tires would be much too large for an accord. But the wheels might be fine with a set of correct size tires.

Ever since I've bought this Accord LX 3 darn years ago, I've been searching for OEM Honda wheels. NOT EVERY DAY, but I keep an eye out.

I've driven to several places to buy from Craig's List ads, only to walk away disappointed because the rims were so heavily damage from curb rash.

I've been looking. I've been calling Honda dealers. Nothing. And if I do find a nice set, they want $800 for them.

I use 235/45R18 from an 2011 coupe for summer and my oe 17" for winter. I can't wait to put my 18" back on. I love the 18" handling. Will likely add 19" sway bar as well.
Don't know how or where to insert my car's picture.

If your car is coffee colored like that picture I think the satin black wheels are going to look bad, but I could be wrong.

I don't think that particular OE Honda wheel will look that great on that generation accord, but I'd much prefer them factory finished If I was going to do it. I'd be a little concerned about how well the powder car was done too. If you can inspect that might help.

Lower aspect ratio should net you better handling, quicker turn in and firmer ride, but a lot depends on the tire too.

Frankly, I'd probably just throw the new wheel covers and premier AS on the steelies if was my car.

Pulled the trigger on Good Friday. $1400 OTD for these matte black PC'ed OEM 18" Honda rims and a set of new Michelin Pilot HX MXM4's in 225/45/18.

The car looks TOTALLY different. Way more masculine and sportier looking.

The before image can be seen in my original post.

After:
IMG_20160328_115142148_1.jpg

Next and last upgrade is to get windows tinted nice and dark.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: asand1
Looks nice.

Thanks. I'm really itching for the weather here in Indiana to get nice and stay nice. I'm DYING to strip all the old FK1000P off, put some polish on her, and put a few layers of the same back on her.

She needs cleaned up from the winter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back