225/75-16 light truck tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Indy
They are Q rated..but i read somewhere these tires couldnt go past 70 75 mph..The tires i have are motomaster LT 225/75R16 Load range E and speed rating Q
Q rated tires are good for up to 100 mph or 160 km per hour, so 75-80+ is perfectly fine.

Hi Nick yes i think you are right.I just checked out the charts and i just dont understand where i seen the speed rating it stated on those tires.They are a Canadian Tire brand (MotoMaster) made by Cooper Tire in Findly Ohio.I have GoodYear Wranglers put away and they also have a nice ride to them too..but i got a great deal on those MotoMaster tires off of kijiji and they only had aprox of six thousand miles on them and i grabbed them for the price.

Firestone Transforce's are popular around here. Had a full set on the RV, 8 years old and unknown mileage but plenty of tread. Thought the two fronts had flat spots and changed those out with Primewells Valera HT's. A bit noiser but it's a Class C so don't notice. Turns out was just bad shocks. Put on Bilsteins 4600's but haven't drove it yet. Either tire will do based on your miles per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back