Floor mats for trucks with rubber flooring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a little generic floor mat in a truck without carpeting, and it slides all around on the rubber flooring. If you buy an exact fit one from WeatherTech will it still around? Is there anyway to anchor them?

The weather techs have the holes that keep the mat in place with those clips on the floor.

What year is your van?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JC1
The weather techs have the holes that keep the mat in place with those clips on the floor.

What year is your van?

2015 Ford F series pickup

Is your floor rubber or vinyl, I ask because looking at the weathertech site for your vehicle it says they're not designed or recommended for vinyl flooring. This looks like it is for either the molder or flexible mats.

Years ago I had an old chevy pickup that had the rubber floor instead of carpet and it had a one piece mat that went over the hump.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
My bad - they are vinyl.

I should of elaborated on the one piece mat, being one piece might help hold them in place better unless you have a console in the way.

you can always get velcro and put 1 piece on the liner and 1 piece on the floor.

When you need to remove it you'd need to get rid of the adhesive, but shouldn't be too bad

Originally Posted By: Donald
2015 Ford F series pickup

Unfortunately, Donald, you will have problems. My buddy had basically the same truck, and ordered those mats. There are no pegs on the floor of the rubber floored F-150 versions to anchor the mats. The suggestion by raysteng for Velcro is about the best option I can think of.

The best I can figure Donald, is to just sweep after getting dirt or mud on the floor....an occasional vacuum.......armor all at some point(s)......then if you end up keeping the truck so long as to wear a hole in the floorboard-then you could cut out the affected area and 'weld' in the floor mat of your choosing. Kind of a flush mount customization in the floor.

Of course I dont know how to 'weld' rubber/vinyl/leather/nylon or whatever the floor mat is made of, but I suppose a chemical could liquify the seam area and then allow to re solidify....

I'm not really sure why you'd need covers on vinyl, I thought that was the point of getting that and not carpet.

I wonder if you could use some sort of silicon caulk, RTV or even just rubber cement. Just a dab to keep it from moving around.

I asked a Ford dealer and Ford's statement (legal) is no floor mats should ever be used with vinyl flooring as the mat might slide up on or near the pedals.

Could you drill a hole in the mats and tie them to the seat frame with some small rope or zip ties or something? In the rear of the mat nobody would see it.

I have old carpet mats fuzzy sided down, and floor mat on top of that, and it mostly stays in place. Zip ties, or cords looped around the seat mounts is something I might try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back