2013 Ford Fusion/1.6 GDI Turbo/PP 5W20/4045 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting this for another member here (15SilvyEcotec). This is his UOA on his 1.6 GTDI EcoBoost motor in a Ford Fusion.

13%20FUSION-020916_cleaned_zps4tl43gwo.jpg

Not bad at all. Fuel dilution doesn't seem to be as big as an issue as I figured it would.

Is it me or do the 'comments' suggest that this report (with 4045 miles) has the similar 'wear' as UOA's with the 'universal average' of 5200 miles (which would NOT be "at or below average" but rather above average?

Originally Posted By: pbm
Is it me or do the 'comments' suggest that this report (with 4045 miles) has the similar 'wear' as UOA's with the 'universal average' of 5200 miles (which would NOT be "at or below average" but rather above average?

I see it as the values are quite a bit less than universal averages based on 5200 miles, which I believe would result in values for this change at 5200 still being below universal averages.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Doesn't this engine use a timing belt instead of chain(s)? That might account for the excellent iron levels.

Yes, it has a timing belt that actually runs through the oil in the pan and is good for 150K miles.

Engine appears nicely broken in. Where did the sodium come from, previous run of Valvoline maybe?

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Engine appears nicely broken in. Where did the sodium come from, previous run of Valvoline maybe?

Nice catch! It did have one very short OCI of it when I bought it because even though it was a certified pre-owned Ford it spent its time new as a rental. I had the Valvoline and used it as sort of a flush until putting it on a diet of PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back