A girl with a glue gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironfest is on in town next weekend

http://ironfest.net/ and it's an absolutely great event.

My daughter asked if I'd teach her to use the glue gun, and buy her some craft foam...so I did.

IMG_20160410_104634.jpg

She's got some talent!

(edit: and Ironfest sounds like a blast!)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: expat
Is this a Steam punk festival?

Not quite.

Lithgow was the centre of Australian metallurgy in early Australia.

We had the blast furnace that built much of Industrial Sydney, the train tracks and the like, and Copper smelting.

The coal in the district was good, and close to the surface.

Ironfest is a gig that's celebrating "metal" in the area that was once heart of it.

They'll have knights and gladiators, jousting on horseback, and sword fighting demonstrations (and lessons), jousting, steampunk (obviously they are attracted...a few years ago it was the annual them for the event).Cosplay, there'll be bobba fett lookalikes for sure, wiccans and palm readings will be there. Will have battle re-enactments from flintlock through to WWII, mobile AA guns and tanks.

It's a bit of everything for everyone...an literally 10 minutes walk from my front door

As to what the mask is, and she had to explain it to me, it's a steampunk "plague doctor".

Apparently the doctors who were treating plague victims had these beaky looking masks stuffed with herbs and things to reduce the "putridity" of the air that they were breathing while treating people.

She was going to make a mosquito like proboscis on it, to go that one extra level of creepy, then decided not to go that far.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

She was going to make a mosquito like proboscis on it, to go that one extra level of creepy, then decided not to go that far.

Very Hieronymous (well it sounds like an adjective)

Old whip radio ariel. The tanks ought to have some.

Or if they've got close-in defence, maybe a fibreglass fishing rod.

Spose someone might get hurt though.

Is there time to have a few cases of "Iron City" beer shipped from Pennsylvania?

Heck, you could sell it for X-AUX$/can.

No Saturns, Corvettes or Robbins allowed (they're not metal!). Kira

Originally Posted By: Shannow

It's a bit of everything for everyone...an literally 10 minutes walk from my front door

Charge out-of-towners to park their cars on your lawn.
whistle.gif

Son turned a mache mask into a steampunk Guy Fawkes...
IMG_20160417_151602.jpg

as we wandered home through the autumn trees, it looked very very creepy...

IMG_20160417_152357.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back