Your favorite brand of salsa ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What salsa do you like ? I'm trying to find one a little on the sweet side. Too many salsas over here in the stores have lemon juice and vinegar inside them; that's counterproductive to what I'm trying to accomplish.

Barilla is the most obvious answer based not only on quality of the products, but good availability too.
There are many other good quality Italian brands of salsa out there, but homemade is the best.

We make our own.

6 fresh Roma tomatoes
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 Quarter clove garlic
1 squeezed lime
1 Half chopped onion
1 habanero
1 jalapeño
1 red chile
Cumin to taste
Cayenne powder to taste
Cilantro to taste

Zap it all in a Ninja and you're all set!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Anything without cilantro. I hate cilantro!

Same here.. on my search to find a good salsa without cilantro.. i ended up liking Great Value from Walmart the best. Plus its all natural and kosher
laugh.gif

http://www.walmart.com/ip/12512009?wmlsp...192&veh=sem

I always buy Old El Paso.. At least in Canada I find the Pace stuff to be a bit too thin for my liking. Old El Paso is a bit thicker and the medium spiciness is just the right amount.

I've never been able to find a store bought salsa that I feel is edible. Restaurant salsa is the only kind I like,and I LOVE some good salsa and chips!! I feel the best way to judge a Mexican restaurant is by their salsa and chips. If it's good,the food will be good. If it's bad,the food will be bad,like clockwork every time.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Anything without cilantro. I hate cilantro!

I couldn't agree more!!! That is one of the most vile tasting weeds in existence!
sick.gif

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
ALDI organic mild salsa by a mile. $1.69 everyday.

Yep they have some good ones.
thumbsup2.gif

Kroger Private Selection Chipotle Chili Pepper Salsa is the best I have found other than fresh. Not too expensive either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back