RIP Merle Haggard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one of the greats has left us. My Dad had every album, then 8 Track, and then CD that Merle ever made. RIP Okie from Muskogee and thanks for the wall of music you contributed to the generations.

Originally Posted By: robertcope
Not many of the "real" country stars left, IMHO. RIP Merle.
George Jones predicted the current state of country music 30 years ago with "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes." It was worst than he imagined however. I watched the ACMs the other night. SMH

Chris stapleton is off to a good start in his career. That man can sing

Originally Posted By: rickmeseke

Chris stapleton is off to a good start in his career. That man can sing
Stapleton would have been ran off stage if Merle and Co were up there. But compared to the current crop or nonsense he's pretty good. Good songwriter.

Enjoyed seeing Merle's Santa Fe Super Chief themed motor home around town. RIP

shocked.gif
frown.gif

'wish a buck was still silver, a joint a bad place to be, was all before Nixon lied to us all on T.V.'

He has been sick lately . I haven't seen him around town for quite a while . Merle is a legend in his own time. A great artist.

RIP Merle

Crazy that he passed away on his birthday. Was born and passed on the same exact day.

RIP Merle, Mama Tried is one of my favorite all time songs. Im 29 and had a grandpa that had me on the old country. I wish I would have been around to see these guys in their prime.

frown.gif

RIP Merle.

Even though I did not always agree with his politics, the man was one of the greatest singer-songwriters EVER, in ANY genre.

I still have an old vinyl, multi platter release he did with Bob Wills ("For The Last Time"), just before "the king of western swing" himself left us.

This man's music WILL live on!

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
RIP Merle, Mama Tried is one of my favorite all time songs. Im 29 and had a grandpa that had me on the old country. I wish I would have been around to see these guys in their prime.
you tube has some from the 1970 or 1980s Silver wings is my favorite out of all his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back