Turn signal relay clicking randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was merging onto the highway yesterday, and after I canceled the turn signal, the relay kept clicking. I played with the signal lever and got it to stop, but it still will randomly decide to start clicking.
I think its the MFS (turn signal switch) after I get home Im going to test it but that seems most likely. At this point my signals and brake lights work as normal and I am checking often just to be sure. Its just an annoyance mainly.

Sounds about right for a MFS going bad. The turn signal stalk on my Cherokee has been picky for a few years now. It will sometimes not turn off until I jiggle it a lot

So heres a good one. I put in a new MFS last week, and left on a trip. Well, the left signal started hyperflashing today and I first noticed it while I was behind a Ram with a chrome bumper. I could see my front signal working.
So I pulled into the Safeway parking lot and checked. No left rear signal on either bulb. I checked my brakes and they lit (same bulbs and filament).
I grabbed the signal lever and shook it rapidly and it came back to life.
This was a Motorcraft part too. But at least I know the fix if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back