Ever lose a mower part ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me give you guys a piece of sound advice: NEVER, I repeat, NEVER sweep off your workbench unless it's completely cleared off first.
grin2.gif

I have a workbench set up in the backyard and I thought to myself: "I'll just shove everything to one side and then sweep the other side off."WRONG! Take it from me, you don't wanna do that. That counter broom must've caught something that I didn't see because my Briggs & Stratton #692904 Choke Link is MISSING!
mad.gif

I'm calmed down now, but I was extremely mad at myself yesterday. I don't think I ever get mad at anybody else as much as I get mad at myself. I absolutely HATE losing stuff! I went over every square inch of the backyard trying to find that choke link. At one time I was even raking the yard in hopes of uncovering it with the rake. I have even entertained the thought of a bird taking it because it's just the right size to fit in his beak.

LOL, 100 people viewing this forum as I write this.....

Had to laugh as I was combing the yard late yesterday and again this morning. Finally found the 2" bolt that connects the handle frame to the body on my beloved 1996 Gold Series Lawnboy. Two stroke and aluminum deck make this the lightest, most powerful walking mower ever. Still starts on one pull. Hard to find parts though.

Last edited:
I use one of those magnetic parts bowls. I believe I got it from Sears. It's a nice place to also put non magnetic parts as well.

I've dropped bolts in the garage only to spend hours looking for them because they rolled under one of the shelves or tool boxes.

The scarier thing is when I find a lone bolt or nut sitting in the driveway. That instantly gets my mind racing... where did it come from? Car or power equipment? Mine or someone elses??
crazy.gif

Many times..

My high dollar Snapper commercial 21" has a bunch of black plastic 'twisty nuts' on it. Twice now I've had them vibrate loose and fall off on the fly, with me not noticing. Miraculously, I've always found them, but it sometimes takes weeks. I try to snug them every so often now..

Well I went and bought two choke links today.

I'll use one and the other I'll take to my safety deposit box at the bank.
grin2.gif

Oh don't think I haven't learned my lesson!

Next time I'm gonna have a Tupperware container with a locking lid to keep all the parts in.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back