whats the fastest you've ever been in a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:

quote:

Originally posted by VaderSS:
No, but you could say the same for slipping in the bathtub.

lol.gif
Now we need a "what's the fastest you've ever gone in a bathtub?" thread.
grin.gif

It was probably about 10 mph. I had a trolling motor and the bathtub was mounted on F-86 wingtanks.

Yes, I'm serious.

I've done about 105 (flat out) on a freshly tuned Yamaha xs650 years ago. Hit the 112 indicated cut-off in my '90 626 (dumb) and only pushed it to 105 (probably accurate) in my '03 Protege 5. Don't plan on repeating any 100+ runs-too much to lose-can you say FELONY boys and girls?
nono.gif

Regarding "how fast" in a bathtub....she said it was juuuuuuuuuust right.
wink.gif

Well...my Maxima has topped 110 on a deserted farm road.

Fastest I've ever gone was as a passneger in a Saleen S-281 supercharged Mustang. Something like 130.

About the last 1.5 seconds before I smacked the wall/burm at Road Atlanta off turn 3-4 ( spinning off a oil patch , GM motorsports ABS biased me into declining grade of the track there) then came to rest inverted after initial impact.

The spin recovery was effective in a very tight situation with 2 BMW M3 on my tail but the GM ABS failed as I was standing on the brakes with clutch properly depressed thinking this was gonna hurt...remove hands from steering wheel or your arms will shatter.. all in 1.5 seconds and very little distance !

crushedcar.gif

Ratty '69 Mustang Coupe; old drum brakes, old tires (radial), bad bushings, leaking fuel line and crapped out tourque box on a narrow, lumpy, 2lane country road passing a family in a Reliant station wagon. When my brother (having a passenger only added to my stupidity) started to assume the legs and arms in front of face preparation for crash position, I realized that it was a wee-bit on the wrong side of slapping fate in the face. I let up at about 100MPH

Greg

(BTW I should add that less than 2 mins later I got caught doing about 80kph in a 50kph zone so I guess about 50MPH in a 30MPH and the cop let me off. I considered that one my warning from fate or chance or whatever and I haven't driven like that in the 5 years since.)

110 in a Mazda 3 5-door. Never again. I wasn't driving. I've gone over 100 in my Jeep because I was passing someone on a 2 lane road... that person thought it would be cool to speed up with me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back