A synthetic oil question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Amsoil Signature 5w30 for quite a long time now in a '03' blazer. A time or two I've run across a Lucas oil product called Synthetic Oil Stabilizer. Wondering if this would benefit me in any way shape or form? Has anyone seen improvement or hindrance after use?

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated and thanks in advance!!!!!

Originally Posted By: jrod102
I have been using Amsoil Signature 5w30 for quite a long time now in a '03' blazer. A time or two I've run across a Lucas oil product called Synthetic Oil Stabilizer. Wondering if this would benefit me in any way shape or form? Has anyone seen improvement or hindrance after use?

Yes, the only benefit will be that your wallet will be lighter so it'll be easier walking around.

I have rebuilt the 1zz-fe way too many times for a common issue the 98-04 engines share.

One of the 1zz-fes I rebuilt the original owner was a good friend of mine, and for the last 20k, he had been using lucas oil stabilizer because it was recommended to him by a co-worker, long story short, there was an extra layer of build up in the color white on top of the piston(usually just a black colored build-up), that we had never seen before or even after that. I contributed the extra build-up to the use of lucas oil stabilizer.

I would highly recommended against it, especially when he showed me his premixed lucas oil stabilizer dino oil combo, which was flowing like THICK honey when we tried to pour it 10 degree weather inside a garage.

note: it took twice as long as usual to remove this extra build-up.

Last edited:

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated alnd thanks ini advance!!!!!o

If I have a choice of the two: cheap conventional SF/SG oil from Dollar store or free Amsoil Signature Series with Lucas anything. I would pay for cheap SF/SG oil.

Avoid Lucas anything like plaque. Lucas never paid me enough to use their products.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Nope! No need and likely would degrade the Amsoil.

+1 - leave that liquid gold alone.. it needs no help
grin.gif

Professionally speaking use motor oil only!
The oil companies spend millions on the formulation of their motor oils and over the years they learned a lot. There are those who think they know more and i met many of them over the years at my then engine shop.
Some of them loved their engines to death.

Buy some Penzoil Platinum or Mobil 1 and ditch the scamsoil and the lucas and enjoy your money.

Originally Posted By: CT8
No additive is needed

Getting that entire sentence posted must've been a real strain on your fingertips.
smile.gif

No additives are needed especially a Lucas product.

Don't do it. AMSoil states in all their product data sheets not to mix anything into their oils because the long-drain interval ability will be lost.

I have been using Amsoil Signature 5w30 for quite a long time now in a '03' blazer. A time or two I've run across a Lucas oil product called Synthetic Oil Stabilizer. Wondering if this would benefit me in any way shape or form?

A big - NO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back