Odometer quit working

Status
Not open for further replies.
new cluster unless you have soldering skills. I'm almost 100% sure the drive cable comes out of the transmission on your truck. But since speedo is working the cable is fine. The model im thinking of has plastic gears to drive it. a new cluster might be in order. Then if you want to do it legal you just make a trip to the registry office to change the odometer record.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
IIRC, there is a plastic gear...

You're probably going to have to send it out to a speedometer shop...

those would have gears? I thought it might be electric from the cable. a shop is a great non diy option for sure. Then your odometer is right.

These clusters are extremely simple to replace and common at junkyards. Find one that's similar mileage.

The speedo in my 84 Honda gave it up at 200K miles. I looked into repairing it but found a complete cluster in the junkyard instead.

The repair would have been much more expensive and I was still faced with removing it and putting it back.

The replacement read 80,000 so that kept me right on schedule with my services at 30 and 60K miles. I'm at around 435K corrected miles and the replacement is still working just fine.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
84 Honda... Those years were great years for Honda..What happened..lol

What happened? It's my daily driver and it's parked in my garage right now. I have no plans to ever get rid of it. It works for me and I don't need a lot of the stuff that comes on new cars.

I'll see what I can do. I hope you won't be disappointed. It's completely stock. It's nothing like these new cars. It's something you'd never notice walking past it in the parking lot.

OneEyeJack... You may have misunderstood me what i meant was that those years Honda made bullet proof cars except for maybe the rust issues..Today they are not the best like they were in the 80's

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
OneEyeJack... You may have misunderstood me what i meant was that those years Honda made bullet proof cars except for maybe the rust issues..Today they are not the best like they were in the 80's

That's true, the mid 80s-early 90s Accord, Civic were some of the very best small cars, they were amazingly reliable, and also as important DURABLE as well, the critical hard parts just DID NOT FAIL on them many times for several hundred thousand miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back