MS02 with Rotella T6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about adding MS02 to Castrol Edge 0w-40?

I'm going to use this Castrol oil again and actually do a UOA report on it. See how it holds up in my car.

The same deal would apply - what are you trying to accomplish with the additive? You may or may not get some better fuel economy; you won't be able to accurately measure it. On the other hand, I'm fairly certain the Castrol formulators didn't intentionally and maliciously exclude or accidentally forget moly when making the product.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ntoxicator
What about adding MS02 to Castrol Edge 0w-40?

I'm going to use this Castrol oil again and actually do a UOA report on it. See how it holds up in my car.

I've used this combination but don't have a UOA to show. The last voa I've seen on 0w-40 Edge shows almost no moly. In a 6 quart pan I used a 300 ml can first time and 1/2 can every time after. I won't claim any mpg gains, but there is a noticeable reduction in engine noise. I've seen UOA's on vehicles with and without moly treatment under similar conditions and they have shown a small decrease in wear numbers.

MoS2 is a fricton modifier.

I suppose adding a small controlled quantity that doesn't upset the add pack 'balance' should not cause harm to the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back