Mobil 1 M1-104 cut 9000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 M1-104 with 9000 miles off a Hyundai with Pennzoil Platinum
image_3.jpg
image_4.jpg

Thanks for cut and post pictures.

M1 spin-on oil filter is pretty good for 10-15k miles OCI, the only problem is it's a little more $ compares with Fram Ultra.

these filter were tested a while back (home style)and the guy was surprised to discover that aside from their high price they were the filter to grab it had ended with A ranking in all but price category.now days it would probably be different but it would probably still be among the top 5

Looks good! The M1 is a great filter, even if a bit expensive. The CQ Blue is a reboxed M1 and probably cheaper. And as mentioned, the Ultra is a good filter and outstanding value, too. Have you tried the Boss yet?

What did you replace it with?

Quote:
what is the filtering effeciency of M1 filters these days?

It seems like a lot of companies are hiding that information now, when they used to print it right on the filter box. I wonder why the change?

I have not tried then Boss yet, waiting to see a used one cut first, I've never had problems with any Purolators in the past so.....

i had the ultra , i didnt like the start up noise,i went to tough guard. awsome filter but i still had the morning noise. now i just installed the st 6607 from supertech ( aka walmart) havent cold started it yet .going there right now

Well let us know I know a lot of people on here are interested in the super tech filters, I've never had start up noise from Mobil 1 or Motorcraft

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Thanks for cut and post pictures.

M1 spin-on oil filter is pretty good for 10-15k miles OCI, the only problem is it's a little more $ compares with Fram Ultra.

+1

The best paper filters on the market, but not worth the price tag in my opinion. I'd rather have the synthetic, wire backed media of an Ultra for less money.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
Mobil 1 filters "Contain synthetic fibers, which help promote clean oil – to support long engine life and performance"

This is true & I knew that, but it's still "mostly" paper & definitely isn't on the level of filters with 100% synthetic wire backed media. Don't get me wrong, they are great oil filters but I feel they'd be much better suited in the $8-$10 price range - even though Ultras are readily available for around $9.

Quote:

This is true & I knew that, but it's still "mostly" paper & definitely isn't on the level of filters with 100% synthetic wire backed media. Don't get me wrong, they are great oil filters but I feel they'd be much better suited in the $8-$10 price range - even though Ultras are readily available for around $9.

^^Agreed^^ Seems like they haven't changed the design or build on M1 filters since forever, which is not necessarily a bad thing. But, today there are other filters that appear to be even better that cost less.

I can't see how this filter needs to be full synthetic or wire backed. The m1 filters always look fine even after long periods of use. Apparently they can make a paper blend media robust enough that it doesn't need wire backing yet can hold about as much [censored] as any filter.
It may still be the best filter for all I know. Also after some use it may be more efficient than a full synthetic media since its not designed to filter so uniformly. Just a thought or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back