Castrol Edge 5W20, 5100mi, 65k, '11 Tundra 5.7L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
What is the Ti figure so low? Does this additive get used up over time? Also, did Castrol switch back to mostly Ca over the mg/ca combo? Their chemistry seems to change a lot.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting that the Ti figure for the Edge w/ Titanium was lower than the previous fill with Toyota conventional.
I'm not sure how that additive behaves overtime.

It will be interesting to see what is different between the Edge and the Magnatec flavor on my next UOA.

All that matters is that the oil keeps the parts separated. Thicker oil has the potential to keep the parts more separated under extreme conditions that with out electronic controls on engines and oil temp management.

To the OP, the 3UR-FBE engine is literally indestructible. My prior 2009 Tundra 5.7L was amazing. Even with regular 10,000-12,000 OCI's, Blackstone consistently said "increase the OCI" by another 1000-2000 miles. This engine is incredibly over-engineered and is very easy on oil. Great UOA and I'm sure you'll have many more to come.

Also - I typically used Castrol Syntec 5W-20 and the engine seemed to like it. Driving style for mine was always a lot of highway driving, but very spirited (lots of WOT). It's a very solid engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back