2013 Ford Fiesta A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wife got unlucky and took a rock/highway debris to the a/c condenser.

So it needs to get replaced which isn't what worries me. What worries me is the flourscent dye I see oozing out with the oil in the condenser. Why would a 2013 model need a leak detecting UV dye?

I am kinda worried now the compressor may go next because who knows what was done to it. I am also thinking about disconnecting the compressor and flushing the lines out too.

Any thoughts? Would ford use leaking detecting dye from the factory? Is that just the color of the oil?

Ford has been adding die at the factory since the 90's. We often don't need to replace the condenser.we are set up to weld small dings like that. No need to flush anything.have a local shop weld up the ding,evac,add 1oz of oil and recharge

Last edited:
I honestly didn't know that but I have never seen a shop in my area advertise the ability to weld condensers. Braze radiators yes but that was in the early 90's.

Hey guys fill the ac please. Ok boss. And this is the mess you end up with. Find an ac specilialist and ask if he can clean all of it out and get the proper stuff in there. Unless is just a dye and it is the proper stuff.? Maybe

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
I honestly didn't know that but I have never seen a shop in my area advertise the ability to weld condensers. Braze radiators yes but that was in the early 90's.
call around.we specialize in AC. Although there's things we do but don't advertize

If it has been leaked down to zero for a while-- that is the damage must have occurred sometime during the winter, and you just now discovered that the A/C doesn't work-- the drier should also be replaced. In a lot of newer cars the drier is integral with the condenser.

Just happened a week ago, but you are right in this car you get a new condenser you get a new drier as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back