Motorcraft 5W-20 GF-5/SN VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the new GF-5/SN labeled 5 quart jug purchased at walmart.

Code:

ALUMINUM 1

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 1

COPPER 1

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 79

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 1

POTASSIUM 5

BORON 234

SILICON 5

SODIUM 1

CALCIUM 2135

MAGNESIUM 10

PHOSPHORUS 740

ZINC 858

BARIUM 0

TBN TOTAL BASE 7.32

VIS 100C CS 8.5

OX 7

NIT 9

Tested by Polaris labs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Thanks for posting this.

+1

Looks like another decent SN synblend for the money.

Yes, Conoco Phillips has been supplying Motorcraft lubricants for sometime now.

Good choice pulling up the honda report since it lists the lab as OAI indy. Polaris Indiapolis is the same lab, they provide testing service for OAI. That makes these 2 reports fairly comparible since they where both tested in the same lab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took one look at the Honda oils on the Bernardi parts website. From the shape of bottle Motorcraft came to mind immediately. Thanks for the info

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Would Motorcraft 5W20 work well in a 3.5V6 Hyundai? 5K OCI?

If the engine specs a 5W-20, it would be a great choice for even a 7500 mile OCI.

If the engine specs 5W-30, stick with that - I don't know what your year of Hyundai calls for.

Thank you for posting this information. Conocophillips sure makes some very good oil for a good price. From looking at this VOA and other UOAs for the Kendall products....I consider them to be "Top Tier" along with the SOPUS Dino and Synthetic products.

Originally Posted By: Junior96Stang
What's the most important thing to look at when looking at oil specs.
There isnt a most important thing
smile.gif
Its a Balance - and oils are harder to "read" now as you dont know the base stock or organic additives which could trump anything visible on the report. That said, some guys are in the Boron camp and others in the Moly camp. It appears most SN are showing less moly and more 'other stuff' like Ti and not showing fatty acid derived Ester bases for fuel efficiency improvement. I'm running a blend of this oil and the 5w-30 motorcraft through the end of winter and the engine runs well and returns good fuel mileage.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
There isnt a most important thing
smile.gif
Its a Balance - and oils are harder to "read" now as you dont know the base stock or organic additives which could trump anything visible on the report. That said, some guys are in the Boron camp and others in the Moly camp. It appears most SN are showing less moly and more 'other stuff' like Ti and not showing fatty acid derived Ester bases for fuel efficiency improvement. I'm running a blend of this oil and the 5w-30 motorcraft through the end of winter and the engine runs well and returns good fuel mileage.

I'm curious as to why you're running a blend, rather than 5W-20 or 5W-30?

Just had 4.75 quarts of this oil installed by the quickie lube place, we'll see how well it works, will be doing a UOA.

*I know, I know, wrt: the quickie lube place, but I have a construction project going and a big trailer in my driveway. I was up to 5400 miles on Peak SM oil and I really wanted it changed ASAP.

It's interesting how the TBN of synthetic and conventional API SN oils are very similar, mostly between 7 and 8.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Just had 4.75 quarts of this oil installed by the quickie lube place, we'll see how well it works, will be doing a UOA.

*I know, I know, wrt: the quickie lube place, but I have a construction project going and a big trailer in my driveway. I was up to 5400 miles on Peak SM oil and I really wanted it changed ASAP.

What quick lube place uses Motorcraft? A Ford quick lane?

Originally Posted By: Brons2

No shame-leave your guilt behind! I think we can all understand!

This is a good question.Can someone link me to some info on this?I will do a read up on this later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back