Pennz Platinum Ultra 5w20 - Wrangler 3.6 - 6,930 m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went longer this time -- 6,930 miles -- still getting good results with 5w20 PPU in my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 3.6 Pentastar:

Commo

Using the same oil in our 2013 Wrangler, so it's nice to see it's doing a good job. I've been doing OCIs according to the OLM, which has been about 9000 miles.

Well I have to admit to an old man sin....I have a Jeep Wrangler w/ 3.6L 2013. I have been using Shaeffers 5-30 as I just cannot get my old brain around a 20weight for some reason. But seeing this I need to rethink it. My Jeep only has 4K miles as it is at our Beach House and only used when we are there. What filter did you use? I used NAPA last oil change (once a year) and now I am reading MOPAR filters are longer and some bulletin about throwing codes using aftermarket filters.

Theres a reason to like this oil...just saying
wink.gif
no reason to switch ,continue on..nice report

Another great showing from my favorite PCMO. It does wonderful in my Fusion as well... and hoping for the same in my Prius. I know these Pentastar engines show elevated copper... has anyone actually figured out what it's from?

To the best of my knowledge, the copper is due to the oil cooler plumbing. I have the same higher output engine in my RAM. Good spunky engine.

I opted for 5W30 instead of 20 mainly due to harder use an engine in my area will see, going up and down mountains every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back