New ND-30 API SA spotted at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotted this in the oil aisle at Walmart. It appears to be a new product, as the old ND-30 was under the Accel brand. I wonder if the ambulance chasers who are suing Dollar General for selling the same product are willing to take on the legal team from WM.

1zg6yp3.jpg

My apologies for the fuzzy pic. It was taken in a hurry with a cheap camera phone. I didn't want to be the weird guy taking pictures of oil bottles at Walmart.

Perfect for my air compressor, it needs non-detergent 30W.
Anyone stupid enough to put this in any gas / diesel motor deserves to have problems.

Guaranteed people will buy it for oil burners and to top off because it will be cheaper than Supertech 5w30... Did you happen to catch the price difference between the two?

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Did you happen to catch the price difference between the two?

I didn't notice the price, sorry.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Did you happen to catch the price difference between the two?

I didn't notice the price, sorry.

The Supertech conventional SN stuff is 2.44 per quart. I think they should make the SA stuff 2.50 something people won't buy it because it's the cheapest

There's a place for nd oils. I just wish industry would standardize on ISO viscosities so the imbeciles will have to think a little harder before trying to dump it in their engine.

At least this clearly says API SA. It really should say clearly NOT for vehicles newer than 1936 or whenever...

Originally Posted By: Torrid
It's very clearly labeled properly. I don't see a problem here.

Exactly. Not sure what the problem is here.

The problem is the imbeciles who will buy this to save a nickle, and put it in their hooptys when the oil is low.

Because saying API something implies applicability to the unaware.

It's labeled fine to the 50% who are roughly above average.

I dont see an issue. I dont think the dollar general was listed as an ND straight weight oil. If people put SAE 30 instead of 5w30, they deserve what they get..if reading the cap or from manual is too complex, they should be smart and let the dealer or cheap place change it for them.

Originally Posted By: RudeRED
Perfect for my air compressor, it needs non-detergent 30W.
Anyone stupid enough to put this in any gas / diesel motor deserves to have problems.

Yep, good air compressor oil. Just what I was thinking.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I dont see an issue. I dont think the dollar general was listed as an ND straight weight oil. If people put SAE 30 instead of 5w30, they deserve what they get..if reading the cap or from manual is too complex, they should be smart and let the dealer or cheap place change it for them.

I shop at DG all the time and buy peak/gtx/pyb there when it's on sale. I can say the DG bogus oil was sketchy. Marketed like typical multi weight oil and ads/shelves pitted it directly against API SN oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back