Oil pan marks cx9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed these marks when installing the new oil filter on my new 2015 cx9, [censored], MAZDA why/how could this happen.almost holes in the oil pan. mazdas247

Those are freaking drill bit marks man! As sure as Kopp's Custard has good food and Paul Molitor did coke.

How long have you owned it? Have you had eyes on that area of the pan before?
My mind is running wild...disgruntled employee....personal enemy...?

Tell us more about you ownership time, service history,etc.

What's amazing is how they are so perfectly side by side overlapping.... That's not easy to do.

Their level up the side tells me that, if sabotage, the person know how to get the car to leak and run low but not dump oil massively all at once. They wanted it to look like "bad luck" that your motor would burn up.

If there has been a personal conflict and this is related to that... This is called criminal damage to property in Wisconsin and is a Felony.

1st time I've been under the car, no enemies I know of, it's crazy, I couldn't hardly believe what I was looking at. The marks look old, like they were always there from the factory, how does this make it out of the Assembly plant?

Originally Posted By: COBB715
1st time I've been under the car, no enemies I know of, it's crazy, I couldn't hardly believe what I was looking at. The marks look old, like they were always there from the factory, how does this make it out of the Assembly plant?

The fact that they are in what appears to be a thick part of the cast tells me that ,if sabotage by an employee, they wanted more material to drill into so as to carefully control creating just a tip sized pinhole.

As a far stretch of the imagination.... Maybe being at a thicker area it allows some king of casting quality check at the factory.

I had it back at the dealer, for under coating a few weeks after purchase. That's the only time it's been worked on/looked at. Disgruntled employee at mazda would be my guess.

I have owned it almost 4mo. I'm gonna email mazda directly,

It is your judgement call but I'd contact the dealer in person and a. Crawl under another of the same on the lot to peek at if it is "common"... It won't be. But they deserve to be contacted first. They can also watch for others who come in for oil changes for drill marks if purchased at that dealer to perhaps sniff out who was disgruntled. The head factory phone drones will say it happened in your driveway.

How about going to the dealer and asking for a replacement under warranty?

The dealer I purchased at is kinda far away, I drove to them to purchase this specific car with the opinions/color we wanted. Should I be able to just get it to the nearest dealer and handle it there?

I had it back at the dealer, for under coating a few weeks after purchase. That's the only time it's been worked on/looked at. Disgruntled employee at mazda would be my guess.

If you live in a smaller market like LaCrosse they will likely know in a heartbeat who is suspected because the shop is smaller and staff is known by name. They will very likely not tell you the name, at best they will quickly act embarrassed and offer to make it right and beg you not to call headquarters.

If in Milwaukee or Oshkosh the shear size and turn over of staff will give then lite clue who did it. And many times the larger dealers will by default say it happened off their grounds. It's just easier than digging in records etc.

If it is a damaged from factory, Im worried that other issues are hidden.

Chances are slim to none it is from factory as that is seen by so many eyes before final assembly that somebody would have spoken up.

This could have even been two 19year old techs that do the underbody spray actually "daring" each other. Guys around like that sometimes if they are lower on the power chain.

Boils my blood. And now you have to deal with this and have a new car with a replaced "almost as good as factory" oil pan and gasket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the help/info nice Sunday evening, changing the oil on my brand new car, and then I see this [censored]. My blood was beyond boiling, I'm going to the dealership first thing in the morning,

These CX-9's are great dependable cars so no reason to fret. However, those drill marks look machined to me so I think it's a factory defect. It would be really hard to get two holes that close together without the bit wanting to jump into the first hole and to get the holes that straight on. Using a hand drill.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump

This could have even been two 19year old techs that do the underbody spray actually "daring" each other. Guys [censored] around like that sometimes if they are lower on the power chain.

I really respect your opinion and enjoy your posts but this is just typical fear mongering of "stealerships".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back