Advice needed on electric pressure washer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for suggestions for a solid, reliable, and good quality electric pressure washer. My budget is $200. Something that will work well when using a foam cannon is a must.

What are you guys using?

Cant say Ive used a foam cannon, but I picked up the cheapest little non-wheeled Ryobi to go alongside my honda powered, cat pump big washer. I had a big store credit that I had to use so I put it towards this...

The little electric is much more convenient, but I still really prefer good, old fashioned line pressure... No cords, no other junk to carry around. I use a line pressure foam gun which works well enough IMO, and is more convenient for rinsing...

Originally Posted By: lancerplayer
I'm looking for suggestions for a solid, reliable, and good quality electric pressure washer. My budget is $200. Something that will work well when using a foam cannon is a must.
I had to look up "foam cannon".

You need to know the GPM needs of your foam cannon, and get a pressure washer that can do that. So GPM rating will be more important than PSI rating it seems to me.

For example, http://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Professional_Foam_Cannon_p/eqp_310.htm says "The advanced air-injector foam cannons have a pressure rating of 5.3 gallons per minute".... So I don't know if there would be an electric under $200 that could do 5.3 GPM. On the other hand, maybe yours has much lower flow requirements.

Originally Posted By: Carbon
I had to look up "foam cannon".

You need to know the GPM needs of your foam cannon, and get a pressure washer that can do that. So GPM rating will be more important than PSI rating it seems to me.

For example, http://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Professional_Foam_Cannon_p/eqp_310.htm says "The advanced air-injector foam cannons have a pressure rating of 5.3 gallons per minute".... So I don't know if there would be an electric under $200 that could do 5.3 GPM. On the other hand, maybe yours has much lower flow requirements.

He needs to know the minimum PSI needed and GPM. I think 5.3 is a max.

I bought the Foam Blaster a few years ago from HomeDepot. It did not work well on a electric pressure washer, but worked great on a gas one with more PSI.

I use one of these with an MTM foam cannon.

http://www.amazon.com/AR-AR383-Electric-Pressure-Washer/dp/B002Z8E52Y

AR Blue Clean sells an adapter to hook it right up. It works awesome (even through the unit doesn't seem to meet the flow requirements of the cannon).

eccf88ed3d56f8be549c3cd035a75a5a.jpg

I have a 3400psi gas powered unit, and the electric one is no worse.

--Matt

Last edited:
@ mkoesm

This model is one of the top options. How long have you had the unit and have you had any issues with it?

@ FastEddie

This model is also on of the top options. How long have you had the unit and have you had any issues with it?

Thanks for your help.

@ mkoesm

This model is one of the top options. How long have you had the unit and have you had any issues with it?

@ FastEddie

This model is also on of the top options. How long have you had the unit and have you had any issues with it?

Thanks for your help.

I'm on my second season with it and it still works as it did when new. I probably used it for 30 washes last year and twice so far this season. The Sun Joe was my other top choice, and I went with the AR because of the price. Haven't been disappointed yet! It'll lay down a thick bed of foam like FastEddie's pic. I just didn't have it on that thick when I took that pic.

After having used a Gilmour gun for 3 previous season, the foam cannon is a HUGE improvement in cleaning ability and wash time. I'm consistently able to get through a wash, dry, and quick wax in an hour with this setup.

--Matt

@ FastEddie

Thanks for your help.

No issues. Use it 3-4 days a week for the past 6 months. It was about $100 when I bought this unit and I consider it a disposable pressure washer. When it dies, I'm going to get a very high end electric unit since I'm a full time auto detailer. I also have a gas unit but it's noisy and the electric pressure washers stop when your not using them.

IMG_0015.JPG

I bought a electric one and it worked OK. But the hose was too cheap. It was a plastic hose with a metal interior lining. One kink and it was broke. Look for a good quality hose.

can this electric pressure washer be used to

1) Clean the deck
2) Strip the deck of previous stain
3) Clean the garage floor

Would it need special solution to do any of the above jobs or plain water is enough?

#2 is a tough one with plain water. I'd say no. Our prior 2700psi gas model couldn't. Even the 3400psi gas model we have now doesn't really do for that unless you've got a tip on it that won't do it the way you want.

With appropriate chemicals for the job, definitely yes. I just refinished our deck last year and it did the job no problem.

--Matt

Originally Posted By: Vikas
can this electric pressure washer be used to

1) Clean the deck
2) Strip the deck of previous stain
3) Clean the garage floor

Would it need special solution to do any of the above jobs or plain water is enough?

You would need a gas unit for these jobs... As high a psi and flow you can get is what i would go for.. My electric unit at 1600 psi isnt useful for much.

Do you just cover the car in foam (soap), then rinse off and dry?

No scrubbing?

I'm the "old school two bucket with mitt washer" but I just purchased the Sun Joe Fast Eddie pictured. If "foaming and rinsing" works, let me know!

I bought a Subaru pressure washer from Costco, bought a better hose and quick disconnect fitting for the pressure hose and garden hose. Bought the cheapest $18.99 foam lance off Amazon and I love it. Does a fantastic job. I work in a dusty mine and try to park away from most dust so I wash my car frequently and it makes it so convenient. I foam the car, do the wheels and its dwelled 3-4 min. by then and start bottom to top. Works great. I've been using Meg. Gold Class in the cannon foams like shaving cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back