Jack uni body hockey puck pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made one today using my drill and a 5/16 bit. Wanted to share it with y'all
happy2.gif

r1DoqOP.jpg

First you should find out/ask how strong the pinch weld is on your vehicle. And is that area rusty? Now all vehicles are strong in that area.

Second look at the factory jack and see how it engages the pinch seam.

Third when you bring it some place for service they are just going to lift it at the pinch weld area.

I was told by my mechanic that my Subaru is very strong in that area. The factory jack actually has a deep enough slot that the vehicle is lifted by the metal on either side of the pinch weld, not the bottom of the pinch weld.

Quote:
Just made one today using my drill and a 5/16 bit. Wanted to share it with y'all
How? I have done this with a Dremel cutoff wheel but it is extremely difficult and messy process.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
How? I have done this with a Dremel cutoff wheel but it is extremely difficult and messy process.

I marked the gap with my pocket knife then made holes.

Then eventually I just started drilling side ways until it was squared and smooth.

Last edited:
I tried to find a store around here that sells hockey pucks. No luck in Oklahoma. That's not something I feel like ordering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back