Serious Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yup

Some days I check the posts and feel like I need to ask a similarly ridiculous question. So here it goes. If I haven't driven my car in a week should I do anything special to make sure I don't have extra wear at startup since so much oil has drained into the pan? I was thinking of getting an engine lift and tearing my entire engine down and soaking all the parts in oil and then putting it back together so I don't get metal on metal contact. Also, should I do something similar if I haven't driven it in 48-72 hours? I bought some QSGB for this purpose but I worry I should maybe use Royal Purple instead? I heard Royal Purple soaks into metal and creates a lubricative quality like no other. Also, I drive my car pretty hard. I really get on it making right hand turns. Probably like 3-4K RPMs. Sometimes I drive 80mph in overdrive pulling about 2500RPMs. Also, does the Bug B Gone type washer fluid work? Has anyone had issues with the fumes getting sucked into the air intake and damaging the engine? Is there an oil that works well with Bug B Gone type fluids?

Originally Posted By: Yup
Serious Question

Originally Posted By: Yup
Has anyone had issues with the fumes getting sucked into the air intake and damaging the engine? Is there an oil that works well with Bug B Gone type fluids?

April Fools.

Hahaha, best post in a long time. Im glad we're finally getting to the hard hitting questions.

You must not be using top tier gasoline, nor are you using a fram ultra and mobil 0W40!
Surely you got an oil analysis or you wouldnt be asking those questions!

By the way your tires have flat spots and rust is on your rotors from where you park it too often.

if anything goes wrong just pour MMO in and it will reverse whatever went wrong.

rich-raven-meme-generator-i-don-t-change-my-oil-i-change-my-engine-3c04b4.jpg

What exactly do you propose to overcome these issues, OP?

I suggest you buy a pre-oiler and change your engine every 36k miles.

you make sure you do left hand turns hard as well to get the oil back in place.

i usually only soak my pistons in oil after sitting. The crank is fine because I put 10qts of oil in an engine that calls for 4qts. And I dump motor honey over the valves and valve springs to get them wet again. But I only use AV gas in my cars. As far as "RPMs" I use all the numbers on the "RPMs" gauge. Seems to work great.

Originally Posted By: cmhj
Adjust mirrors before driving

I only do this after I sideswipe parked cars. Otherwise I find it unnecessary.

1: Use a solar panel charger
2 : Buy a transmission oil cycler and useit on engine instead. Buy another onw for transmission.
3 : Get a new car everyweek is simpler tho

Originally Posted By: Srt20
you make sure you do left hand turns hard as well to get the oil back in place.

i usually only soak my pistons in oil after sitting. The crank is fine because I put 10qts of oil in an engine that calls for 4qts. And I dump motor honey over the valves and valve springs to get them wet again. But I only use AV gas in my cars. As far as "RPMs" I use all the numbers on the "RPMs" gauge. Seems to work great.

Are you stupid? Taking hard lefts shifts the gas to the right side of the car putting undue strain on the fuel pump. If you take hard lefts you should pour a tablespoon of lemon juice and a shot of gin in the tank to lubricate the fuel pump. If your gas station doesn't sell lemons you need to find a classier station. I keep a converter plugged in and a juicer at the ready on days I fill. But seriously, will NAPA syn last 2500 miles? I drive 20 miles round trip in first gear pulling 5500 RPMs at 30mph. I heard if you change gears it's tough on your clutch and tranny.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
I have learned so much from this thread!
If you use Fram Extra Guard filters kittens die. NOW you learned something.

Last edited:
You should also consider switching to Crisco Pure Vegetable oil. It's good for your engine's cholesterol levels.

75ec5c21fc05b00882ab0ae2565d1ba6_zpsuvdbdi6q.jpg

Originally Posted By: Torrid
You should also consider switching to Crisco Pure Vegetable oil. It's good for your engine's cholesterol levels.

75ec5c21fc05b00882ab0ae2565d1ba6_zpsuvdbdi6q.jpg

You don't pour that in an engine! Idiot! It's for cooking and it's a great clear coat sealer. 1 gallon of water, 12 ounces of vegetable oil. Your car will shine like crazy. Also, bugs don't stick during the summer.

Originally Posted By: yvon_la

1: Use a solar panel charger
2 : Buy a transmission oil cycler and useit on engine instead. Buy another onw for transmission.
3 : Get a new car everyweek is simpler tho

Finally, an intelligent reply that answers my original question. What should I do if it's cloudy? Tape a flashlight to the solar panel?

You should change your oil every week and ATF every other week. It's cheap insurance.

Unless your oil is only good down to -40°, then change it more often in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back