Need tires for my 96 V8 Tbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide on either General RT43 or Cooper C5 Grand Touring or Ultra Touring. Looking for quiet and good handling tire that will not be used for winter driving.

Quiet? Sorry cant help you there. Whole website are dedicated to the noise level of the tire

Last edited:
225/60-16, right?

Out of those choices, get the V-rated CS5 Ultra. Or the Kumho Solus TA71.

But if you're not going to use them in the winter, perhaps a high-performance tire like the Falken Ziex ZE950 or Goodyear Eagle Sport AS might give you better handling.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Get the CS5.
+1

For good handling, get the CS5 Ultra.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
225/60-16, right?

But if you're not going to use them in the winter, perhaps a high-performance tire like the Falken Ziex ZE950 or Goodyear Eagle Sport AS might give you better handling.

Did all of the V-8s have that size, or were even the base V-8s a 215/65-16?

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
225/60-16, right?

Did all of the V-8s have that size, or were even the base V-8s a 215/65-16?

I don't know. I just tried to look up a 96 T-bird and just assumed one of the sizes. The OP should have identified the tire size, but without it, we have to guess.

I love my CS5 Ultras. Good handling on my CVPI in the 225/60R16. Sorry, can't comment on noise. The wind noise from the spotlight pretty much overruns any tire noise.

Yes, tire size is 225/16 R16 for V8s. Have had bird since new in 96 and just turned 80,000 on it and in great shape! Looks like Cooper Ultra is right for me plus $70 rebate going on now. Thanks for help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back