Mystery slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
I agree with the poster above, I think it's for coins, hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Ah, the hiss of an old cassette tape.... those were the days! (not)

Dolby NR

I had a buddy at work who's toddler son jammed a PB&J sandwich in the VCR slot... but that's another story.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
God now I feel old...

Is it bad that I know what 8-Track, Laser Disc, Betamax, VHS are.

Pretty soon CD will be a thing of the past...

You and me both. I know what those things are, still have a beta player put away up in the attic.

8 tracks were the in thing to have when I was in high school and college. Cassette tapes were also around at the time, but were somewhat older technology at the time, so we young hipsters dismissed them as antiquated.

It only took a few years before everyone finally realized how bad 8 tracks actually were, and thus the popularity of cassette tapes. The introduction of the Sony cassette players with earphones that you could carry around and listen to also helped to make cassette tapes popular again.

I think it was around the mid-2000's when cars dropped cassette players as the cds had taken over by then.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I guess I don't understand your point. Your description makes it sound like a cassette tape player, but you expect modern kids to recognize an outdated technology? I'd also guess that they wouldn't recognize an 8 track tape either.

My three year old recognizes records and CDs. Might mistake a cd for a dvd but cant blame a three year old for that.

Were not at rotary phones just yet though...

When I bought my first car in 98, having a CD and cassette was critical. This was before fast cd burners/rippers and MP3 players coming out, so cassettes were key to making music mixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back