Walmart seems to be stepping it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...in the automotive section.

Perhaps it is just my local store "modernizing", but they seem to be carrying more Supertech branded items. 2 stroke oil (conventional and synthetic), R-134a, oil filters, car batteries, additional ATF etc. One of the conventional 2 stroke oils was in one of those pressurized measuring "precise mix" containers. I sure wish more brands did this.

My local store is also finally carrying the QS Dexos blend ($1 cheaper than Pennzoil) as well as Castrol HM synthetic and the allusive 0w40.

Well my WORLD Championship Walmart is getting rid of Castrol 0w40, Pennzoil Ultra, and has a poor selection of oils compared to the one 40 miles west of me.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
as well as Castrol HM synthetic and the allusive 0w40.

Did you mean castrol HM edge 10w40?

Was it in 5qt jugs?

My WM has been reducing their selection of oils. Not much choice there anymore. Other items are often sold out with empty shelves. The manager needs to be demoted to stock boy.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
as well as Castrol HM synthetic and the allusive 0w40.

Did you mean castrol HM edge 10w40?

Was it in 5qt jugs?

0w40 Euro and yes the Edge HM. Only went up to 10w30 though. I remember you mentioning the 10w40 was an A5/B5 (?), but didn't see any on the shelf.

I am not sure this is a step in the right direction. I have to laugh when I saw this since WM has all of the Purolator Classics on clearance:

zEOnIa.jpg

Our Walmart has also really stepped it up. More Maxlife ATF, wall of Fram Ultras, got rid of Purolator, and Supertech low grade filters are a little bitty section.

I guess LA walmarts have abnormally good auto sections. My WMs always had all this stuff.

I have always bought Supertech products when needed, but never realized they were so sought after here on BITOG.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Any signs of the elusive SuperTech spray lube ?
I have to go to a special Walmart to get it.

Saw some of that too, but I believe my local store had it for a while.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I am not sure this is a step in the right direction. I have to laugh when I saw this since WM has all of the Purolator Classics on clearance:

zEOnIa.jpg

Looks kind of old to me.

Technically, their base filter is no longer white.. and ST filters are no longer black.

Originally Posted By: walterjay
My WM has been reducing their selection of oils. Not much choice there anymore. Other items are often sold out with empty shelves. The manager needs to be demoted to stock boy.

That's what I've been seeing as well...and not just a reduction in oil, they seem to be reducing their entire automotive section...

I find both Walmart and Canadian Tire up here seem to be scaling back on selection.

Also, they don't seem to carry Everyday Low Price oil jugs (4.73L) anymore.

I guess anyone who hoarded a bit of oil did well.

I noticed the one I go into has a small selection--but that store is going to be replaced soon. So no idea.

I get the impression it's best to stock up when on sale. Just like everything else... or pay the going rate when you need it.

I went into AAP the other day and couldn't believe the prices on oil and filters. Hadn't been in a parts store in years.

*snip*

Well that's interesting. One of those numbers stuck out to me, the replacement for the L10111 is the ST3387A. 3387A is a Fram part number for the Purolator equivalent (GM).

Originally Posted By: Delta

*snip*

Well that's interesting. One of those numbers stuck out to me, the replacement for the L10111 is the ST3387A. 3387A is a Fram part number for the Purolator equivalent (GM).

The original supertechs borrowed fram numbering but were made by champ labs. You'll see this with brake rotor parts too, the chinese white box ones will have a name brand part number on the label-- sometimes several!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back