Couldn't Deposit $1000 for Tesla Model 3 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to 2 Tesla store in Orange County, CA to deposit $1000 for Model 3. The first store is in The Shops At Mission Viejo, CA 92691, there was more than 100 people inline outside the store and about 20-25 inside with only 2-3 Tesla employees to take order. The first outside said he was inline for 2 hours already.

Went to Fashion Island in Newport Beach, the line there is even longer snaking around several buildings, probably more than 150-200 people inline.

There are 3-4 more Tesla stores in Orange County, CA but I gave up. Will try online tonight at 8:30PM PDT.

People are willing to wait 2-3 hours to deposit $1k for an unknown EV car is unprecedented in car business.

Easy to sell cars when the government gives you a 5 billion dollar handout.

Is the govt still giving the wealthy tax credits for buying electric cars?
You know the poor aren't buying expensive electric cars.

Fkkking dumb.

The playing field should be the same for everyone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brybo86

Fkkking dumb.

Yeah, the Federal Government give the well to do $7500 to by an EV, be it German made or Japanese or Italy. If your Federal tax liability is less than $7500 then that will be the amount you can get, not the full $7500. If your tax liability is zero then you get zero from Federal Government.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Buy online?
Pay in full so you don't have to queue?
Prank the queue - youre not jumping the queue if they move to let you in...

You can't buy Model 3 yet. This is a deposit to be put on waiting list, next year they will contact you to sign the actual order and wait for some more months to pay for the car. If I can get online tonight I may be able to get my hand on Model 3 sometime in 2018, may be 2019.

Fkkking dumb.

It certainly makes you wonder why so many people choose not to be wealthy, doesn't it?

What happens to your money if you die before you gat a car?
confused2.gif

Fkkking dumb.

It is the stupid voters!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Here's where my money would go if I were to consider a new car.

I like the concept. but its always

In production
next year, next year, next year.

I don't think it will see production.

What's funny , is that there is an Elio owners forum, with members , for a car that no one owns.

Last edited:
Quote:
The promise of an affordable electric car from Tesla Motors had hundreds of people lining up to reserve one.

Tesla planned to unveil its Model 3 Thursday night at its Los Angeles design studio. It doesn't go on sale until late 2017, but potential buyers could reserve one with a $1,000 deposit at Tesla stores starting Thursday morning.

Long lines, reminiscent of the crowds at Apple stores for early models of the iPhone, were reported from Hong Kong to Austin, Texas, to Washington.

Quote:
Robin Santucci got the sixth spot in line when he arrived at the Santa Monica, California, Tesla store at 3:45 a.m. Thursday. By 9 a.m., he estimated there were 200 people in line.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/arti...iggest-test-yet

Tesla has about 220 stores worldwide, if every store has 200 deposits it will be 44,000 deposits in stores today plus many thousands more online starting 8:30PM PDT. It looks like there will be more than 50,000 deposits for model 3 within 24 hours.

Last edited:
Is this reasonably priced high-range car for real?
Can Tesla actually build this car for sale at the advertised price or is the car vaporware?
Does Tesla have the capacity to build this car in the volume that it can sell for the price at which it's offered?
For the money, this car would be a very reasonable low operating cost alternative to an Accord or Camry.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with this Tesla model.
For the money, I could see putting one in my garage.
It would be a very useable car and very cheap to run.

Fkkking dumb.

The Federal credit will be long gone by the time most people get their Tesla 3. There is a limit to the # of credits and Tesla will reach that limit within the 1st year of sales or so (depends on how many they sell). Also, there is no guarantee there will be any credits when you are putting down the deposit because by the time you will receive it they could be long gone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Quote:
The promise of an affordable electric car from Tesla Motors had hundreds of people lining up to reserve one.

Tesla planned to unveil its Model 3 Thursday night at its Los Angeles design studio. It doesn't go on sale until late 2017, but potential buyers could reserve one with a $1,000 deposit at Tesla stores starting Thursday morning.

Long lines, reminiscent of the crowds at Apple stores for early models of the iPhone, were reported from Hong Kong to Austin, Texas, to Washington.

Quote:
Robin Santucci got the sixth spot in line when he arrived at the Santa Monica, California, Tesla store at 3:45 a.m. Thursday. By 9 a.m., he estimated there were 200 people in line.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/arti...iggest-test-yet

Tesla has about 220 stores worldwide, if every store has 200 deposits it will be 44,000 deposits in stores today plus many thousands more online starting 8:30PM PDT. It looks like there will be more than 50,000 deposits for model 3 within 24 hours.

How many would put down the deposit if it was nonrefundable? A fully refundable deposit has no repercussions which is why you see so many lemmings jumping on the bandwagon to put down their deposit. No specs, no actual cost, no idea of the actual design, etc. Either we have lowered the bar on human intelligence or else Tesla is just the latest fad. I seriously doubt that this many people would put down a deposit for a car that there are almost no actual details.

Last edited:
How long will Tesla fully fund the use of their Supercharger stations? How busy will they be and will more be built?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back