Brown making a comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been noticing a lot more brown cars on the road lately, particularly German and Japanese makes.

Is doo-doo brown becoming fashionable?

Brown has always been a classic color for German cars...

3572_1_1976_porsche_911_turbo_copper_brown_metallic_48kmiles_web2.jpg

Not dookie brown. Other lighter shades of brown that are more coppery. It has to have a metal flake in it to look good. MIL has a brown 2013 Civic. It's about the most inoffensive non-traditional color in person.

Now where's my brown manual diesel station wagon (that's not a VW)?

I like it. I wish there were more color options offered on cars. It is a sea of black white and gray out there.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Brown has always been a classic color for German cars...

+1 if/when I buy an e250, it will be brown most likely. I shopped them when I bought my accord. Too hard to find, but that adds to the uniqueness.

I can only remember ONE car in truly "brown" paint that I ever thought really wore it well. A neighbor had a '73 Dodge Charger SE with a white vinyl roof, much like this one but with white instead of gold interior:

fs_1973_Dodge_Charger_SE_Medium_Tan_Poly_fvr__2005_WW_WD_DCTC__DSCN7264.jpg

It takes a large, long, sleek car to pull off brown exterior paint, IMO. Golds, coppers, tans, etc. are a lot more forgiving than chocolate/cocoa/dookey brown.

The third-gen Chargers were also really popular in dark green, which is a color I REALLY like and would like to see make (another) comeback. We bought an emerald green metallic '93 Eagle Vision TSi during the first green comeback, about the time my daughter was born.

Recently saw a metallic brown Cooper; We had a 1975 Granada Ghia which was metallic brown; Giant POS; that was the last brown car our family owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back