BMW Advantec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see much online but you can be sure it meets LL01 and LL04
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Olas
Can't see much online but you can be sure it meets LL01 and LL04
wink.gif

It's a motorcycle oil, so the above specs don't apply. It is JASO MA2 rated oil.

Just no information other than one forum user describing it as being made from magic German unicorn farts....but seriously, BMW customer service didn't have a clue about what a "data sheet" or technical data on their oil was. A call to Shell confirmed that BMW has the data sheet and is required to make it available in the US. Today I followed-up with BMW with a written request.

If anyone cares, I'm attempting to compare BMW Advantec 5w40, Rotella T6 and Shell Advance 4T Ultra motor oils. Shell responded quickly, providing the technical data
on their two oils. It's interesting that Shell distributes their Advance line of
motorcycle oils all over the world and is advertising it in the US, but none of it's
distributors carry it. Shell actually told me I have to call my local distributor
and request the product...which I did...and of course they had no information on the
product other than what I gave them. All just interesting information, but only if
someone is actually interested....stay tuned.

Quick Update, In 4 weeks I've had three follow-up calls from BMW customer relations telling me they are still working on getting me the data sheets for their Advantec oils.

If the stuff was as good as they say, you'd think they would be handing out the data sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back