Tesla haters don't like to hear this !

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tesla cars weren't considered "alternative" and "green", there would be much less hate. Instead all the right-leaning people love to bash Tesla.
But, why?
Are you defending huge corporations? Oil and gas companies and big auto companies, so large that they are imbedded with the government. "Small government" supporters should support a new company. More competition. A true, possible alternative to our standard vehicles. Instead they're too short-sighted to look past its EV/green roots, which cause their knee-jerk hater reaction.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Sandy Fred Meyer
24b3doo.jpg

That's interesting. You must be in my neck of the woods (over in Clackamas/Boring/Damascus area). I haven't been out to the Sandy Fred Meyer lately but those look pretty cool.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
If Tesla cars weren't considered "alternative" and "green", there would be much less hate. Instead all the right-leaning people love to bash Tesla.
But, why?
Are you defending huge corporations? Oil and gas companies and big auto companies, so large that they are imbedded with the government. "Small government" supporters should support a new company. More competition. A true, possible alternative to our standard vehicles. Instead they're too short-sighted to look past its EV/green roots, which cause their knee-jerk hater reaction.

Well, C4C did benefit Honda/Hyundai/Toyota more than it did Ford/GM/Chrysler.

Not to turn this political but politics of cars are weird - the C-suite tends to be in the GOP's pocket, while the factory workers for being unionized are also socially conservative - which puts them in a gray area. A lot of those UAW guys are closer to Trump than Sanders demographically - even though both of them are against NAFTA which was a good reason why the Detroit 3 moved operations to Mexico.

And also, Honda/Toyota/Hyundai/Nissan/Subaru/Mercedes/BMW/VW have their operations in "red" states, well OK Ohio is purple - and the governors of those states have given them tax breaks and other incentives to move or build. I think I read an article that Rick Perry gave Toyota a healthy bonus package to move their US headquarters to Plano.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Only that the nowhere in the constitution does it mention the federal govt funding cars.

It DOES mention that the federal govt's only job is to...

1. Maintain military.
2. Secure borders.
3. Print money.

Too bad the only one they are doing well right now is printing money..... LOL

Whatever... says the guy who doesn't have a single American vehicle. If you hate America move!

But, why?

After all this time seeing what they have done over and over again I dare say they're just plain stupid. Short-sighted is too kind.

A guy at work has one. I think it's the Model S P90. About $125,000 worth. The bad thing is that to my knowledge, we don't have any public charging stations for these cars and the closest dealer is over three hours away.

He charges it in his garage after every time he drives it. It is a nice car but for the price and the lack of support in this area, I wouldn't buy one even if I could afford it.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wtd
A guy at work has one. I think it's the Model S P90. About $125,000 worth. The bad thing is that to my knowledge, we don't have any public charging stations for these cars and the closest dealer is over three hours away.

He charges it in his garage after every time he drives it. It is a nice car but for the price and the lack of support in this area, I wouldn't buy one even if I could afford it.

Wayne

Problem with EV is infrastructure. Local agencies would not build charging stations with very few EV's owned by locals. Drivers would not buy EV without infrastructure(charging stations).

We have plenty public charging stations(some Tesla super chargers) in So Cal, also several Tesla stores and service centers within 15-20 miles of my home.

Southern California Edison plans to build 5,000 charging stations in Orange County the next few years. By 2020 we probably will have about 10,000 public charging stations in Orange County.

tesla did everything right-NOT! they waisted a fortune on that 2 seater roadster no one bought and then had to come to uncle sam for a hand out. if they had built the right model for the market first-they wouldnt have blown all their capital on a car no one wants or needs

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Surprised this thread is not locked yet. I guess I'll throw in a few more Tesla related posts you don't see in the media much. Conspiracy theory alert, get your tin foil hat on:

1) They got a free factory when GM file for bankruptcy and exit the JV with Toyota in Fremont CA, aka the NUMMI. They went out and put a lot of union workers out of businesses building Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix. Toyota give the factory away to Tesla for free, either political connection reason or to hand the bag of bad press to Tesla. Tesla used to say they don't want that factory but suddenly they got the responsibility to run it as much as it can, or the bad press of unemployed factory workers will be on its shoulder.

Nope, not 100% free market, but at least it is serving a purpose with the government money we spend.

Tesla didn't get NUMMI plant for free.

Quote:
Until then, O’Connell said Tesla had not thought it would be financially feasible to take on the NUMMI space, which is a more attractive option for the company because it is closer to their Palo Alto, Calif., headquarters and is already designed for auto vehicle assembly. The company said in an SEC filing Thursday that it had agreed to pay $42 million for the property.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/37358614/ns/business-us_business/t/tesla-toyota-give-jolt-nummi-plant/

For those who can handle reading more than 160 characters at a time, I suggest you delve into:
http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-the-worlds-raddest-man.html

Haters won't take the time, though. If you read the entire post and don't get Tesla or their operations, then keep on blind hating. Drive your 19th century technology and keep fighting any change.

Speaking of blind hate, you do realize that the electric car dates back to the 1830's right?

For the record I don't love or hate Tesla. Being a tech guy, I like the cars. However regarding their fate, that's something the market will ultimately decide so I will hold my judgement. In the interim, a friend of mine is in the process of acquiring one so I hope to get some seat time soon.

Tesla lovers get their pant**$ in a bunch anytime someone doesn't toe the party line that Tesla is the best thing since sliced bread. So when people point out the flaws in the projections and the way they do business suddenly we are haters?

I was excited about Tesla, then someone I know bought one. The subsidies always [censored] me off, but I didn't fault the car. What a let down after being in one. Cheapish interior with parts bin assortments making up random bits a pieces inside. Awful rear seat, knees way up in the air because of the batteries under the floor. Base Mercedes bits inside, GM interior materials. I was driving an 85, the range was pretty poor under a mild foot. Charge times are long. Felt like a 45-50k car that cost 2x as much.

Originally Posted By: wtd

Wayne

Indeed. Lack of support. Like dealerships, etc.

I love Surfstar's comments. The intellectual elite are always watching out for us dumb fellows. Makes me feel so secure...

Tesla bashing is rooted in political leaning. There are a few outliers, but the majority are easily seen through.

Like I said, if Tesla wasn't seen as green/left (why? who knows), there would be less knee-jerk bashing of the brand and tech. (seriously why? they are an outstanding performance car, yet many still don't embrace that side of them)

Cheap oil/gas will go far to have the general population continue to talk [censored] about them.

The Prius started off small. Then the Hollywood elites jumped on the green bandwagon. Now? They're ubiquitous and seen in every state. Tesla seems to be off to the same start and looked at in the same way.

I won't be buying one, but I look forward to true progress and change in the auto industry.

The Prius started off small. Then the Hollywood elites jumped on the green bandwagon. Now? They're ubiquitous and seen in every state.

The Prius is the new Crown Vic for cabbies and Uber/Lyft drivers. A low $ per mile, a good amount of space(except for rear headroom but that was a problem in a Vic as well) and surprisingly durable.

Toyota used an identical concept for Lexus - but they started big for the LS400, made Lincoln and Cadillac irrelevant as well as making BMW and Mercedes take notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back