2 stroke oil in gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been adding 2 stroke oil to my rotary cars for years as it seems to help with wear of the internal housings and burn off better than 4 stroke oil. I have a couple of questions about using 2 stroke oil in the gas of a normal piston car though.

So, I have noticed most current day tcw3 2 stroke oils have a very strong fishy smell in them. I believe this is often associated with the presence of PEA and another couple of additives that I am unsure of.

1. Does anybody know what this is?
2. If it is PEA, then why do people pay so much for fuel injector cleaner?
3. if not, does this additive provide any cleaning benefits?
4. In a rotary, adding 2 stroke to the fuel seems to improve compression even when the OMP is still active, would 2 stroke help improve compression in an engine that is somewhat worn out seeming to have low compression?

I usually use valvoline synthetic 2 stroke or walmart two stroke tcw3. both have a distinct odor that reminds me of fish. Now we all have different senses of smell, but it does smell somewhere between GL5 gear oil and techron fuel system cleaner.

If I was gonna run 2 stroke oil in a car I would atleast run a high quality pre mix and not some cheap chain saw oil, and 2 stroke oil does not burn clean so it will not only not clean up your engine but will leave more carbon behind, and it might could give some compression because the pre mix is so thick that it sticks to the walls of the cylinder and piston to create more of a seal.

The higher the ethanol ratio in the gas your using the stronger the "fish" smell is I have observed over the years of using TCW3 in gas for my trucks/cars.
The 1oz to 5 gallon mix is so thin of a mix the benefits of lubrication (upper)is high versus any residual carbon left is non existent.
My observations have been the cylinders/pistons/rings are amazingly free of any build up when using the TCW3 on a regular basis over the long term.The TC-W3® standard is a performance-based qualification program. The requirements include various bench tests for fluidity, miscibility, rust, compatibility, etc., as well as engine tests to evaluate the prevention of ring sticking and carbon buildup on pistons and other engine parts.
I started doing this years ago with the introduction of corn alcohol in my fuel system courtesy of the US Government.
Just my humble observations and I do not advocate nor discourage the use of TCW3 in ones gas tank of their car.
Just my observations and thoughts.

50k straight on 640:1, 2.4 Toyota is running as perfect as it gets...I'm running 75-80mph 1800 miles a month 9k into my 15k OCI and still has used zero oil...Is that even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back