Yet more Takata airbag recalls going out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like Takata is going to take another round of recalls on the chin. Affected Honda owners should be getting recall notices in the next week or so.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/02/04/honda-recall-takata-inflators/

http://hondaairbaginfo.com/

We got our recall notice yesterday. Our local dealer was honest that new parts wouldn't be available until the summer at the earliest, and to park our 09 Fit until new parts arrived. They set us up with a rental, which we'll likely have until we get word that our Fit can be fixed.

Other Honda owners, keep eyes on the mailbox, and possibly start scouting long-term parking spaces.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Well, looks like Takata is going to take another round of recalls on the chin. Affected Honda owners should be getting recall notices in the next week or so.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/02/04/honda-recall-takata-inflators/

http://hondaairbaginfo.com/

We got our recall notice yesterday. Our local dealer was honest that new parts wouldn't be available until the summer at the earliest, and to park our 09 Fit until new parts arrived. They set us up with a rental, which we'll likely have until we get word that our Fit can be fixed.

Other Honda owners, keep eyes on the mailbox, and possibly start scouting long-term parking spaces.

So you have a free rental until summer? HUH?

Wow Honda is paying for rentals? Ford is not paying for any rentals for the Takata recall. I got the letter saying I had a Claymore in my steering wheel and 7-8 months later no updates.

got first notice on 06 mustang to have the one replaced in 2014 needs to be replaced again almos a yr ago and ford still doesnt have part

Yes need more info on the rental. My sister in law has one of the affected cars that just got recalled.

Is your local dealer paying for the 3-6 month car rental or is corporate Honda paying for it? Need more info...

I HIGHLY doubt that Corporate Honda will pay for all those people to have a car rental for 3-6 months. Sounds fishy.

Originally Posted By: ted s
got first notice on 06 mustang to have the one replaced in 2014 needs to be replaced again almos a yr ago and ford still doesnt have part

Yup, with no ETA. Somehow I get sent all the calls from angry Mustang owners, sucks having people basically threaten violence against me for something I have no control over whatsoever.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
I feel really bad for the employees of Takata!! Long, long unpaid hours.

Nope. They makin' bank on OT. I applied to work there, but didn't have my HS diploma on hand and couldnt get my Transcript. The school district had called a snow day the same day I found out about the interview and started Winter Vacation a day early. Sucks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
I feel really bad for the employees of Takata!! Long, long unpaid hours.

How could they be forced to work without pay?

Several months of a rental? I look forward to the review.
wink.gif

Hmm... maybe Honda snapped up all those $7,900 Mirages for loaners?

This popped into my inbox this morning: Report: Honda sought Takata changes without notifiying regulators

Quote:
Honda, formerly Takata's largest customer, dropped the auto parts supplier last year amid allegations that it manipulated and misrepresented testing data.

AFAIK, Honda corporate is paying, or reimbursing dealers. Our letter said contact the local dealer for alternate transportation. Enterprise seems to think that someone who was not me was paying. The shuttle driver said he'd been shuttling people all day between the dealer and the rental lot. Our dealer had a giant stack of repair orders l, presumably for folks who were getting rentals.

Funny thing in the fine print was that upon accepting the rental, we are liable if we get injured by the airbag. It seems like it's being taken very seriously by Honda.

I got a notice yesterday for our 06 Saab 9-3, but don't see it on the government list.

I got it in the mail for 2012 Acura. Are all the recalled ones known to be bad? Where in the world are they going to come up with that many rentals?

I wonder if the airbag can be unplugged temporarily to avoid it going off and injuring people? Seems like that would be better than having a live airbag with questionable materials.

Is a 2001 Accord listed? Dude I work with has one...no notice yet, but he's worried. Even if it WASN'T recalled...is it a Takata?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back