$2000 in recommended services for 2013 45k Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
But but but but not everone keeps on top of maintenance so they're just helping to make sure everthing gets done and your car stays on the road.

$500 for $25 in gear oil and $8 in gasket maker
shocked.gif
That's outrageous. As is, well, pretty much everything else on the list.

Is that thing a Jeep or a Toilet?.....seems to be a lot of flushing going on.

Also, what is involved in a $373 engine tune up?....pour some motor honey in the crank case?

That's awful.

Today I'm picking up my mom's 2012 Jeep Patriot w/ almost 60k miles. Had a leaking oil pan gasket and timing chain cover gasket. They're replacing it under warranty, no issues. It also had a whining noise, they say it needs an alternator. Turns out my grandfather bought an extended warranty when he bought the car new, we didn't know about it (he passed away). The dealer found the warranty and is billing it.

The only thing they recommended was a CVT service, which I declined. They also said the brake pads were at 6mm, and had "plenty of life left, nothing to worry about".

I finally found a good dealer!

At least you are getting gaskets. A 15 (?) K mile service for my lexus was $700. Literally it was an oil change. Everything else was an inspection, you know like looking a [censored]. And they had the gull to offer to finance this into my purchase when I was buying the car.

Well it is a Jeep. Better do it or it will explode.

Also, who's fault is it if the guy said "sure ok."

The rear axle may have a drain plug on the axle, I know my Rubicon does. If it is a Rubicon the front axle will also have a drain plug. The spark plugs are not due till 100k. About the only thing somewhat reasonable is the air filter at $31.

Doubt much of that is needed, but most of the tasks look like they are charged for an hour of dealership labor (say, $120) plus parts.

Do those engines still use copper plugs?

Originally Posted By: Sunnyinhollister
The rear axle may have a drain plug on the axle, I know my Rubicon does. If it is a Rubicon the front axle will also have a drain plug. The spark plugs are not due till 100k. About the only thing somewhat reasonable is the air filter at $31.

Our 2013 Unlimited Sport has drain plugs on both front and rear diffs.

WOW I have an OLD jeep , and This is just absurd RUN don't WALK away from this dealer , 31.00 for an air filter which usually runs 5-8 dollars ,,,,,,, I have seen the light and glad I can do most of my work myself to save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif

Only $20 for the oil and filter change yet $225 to "flush" a differential? I would argue that it is easier for a shop to change a diff than to do the engine oil and filter.

Stealershipping at its finest. Stuff like this makes me wish automakers could sell directly to consumers so people could have zero involvement with franchise owners.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Doubt much of that is needed, but most of the tasks look like they are charged for an hour of dealership labor (say, $120) plus parts.

Do those engines still use copper plugs?

Nope the recommendation is 100K or 10 years for the plugs.

Wow, that's pretty nuts, especially the price of the diff "flushes" (how do you flush a diff?). They definitely got scammy with the "EFI service" and "throttle body service." Those should be one thing and like $100 for the whole package of Wynn's/BG/whatever chemicals.

Some of what's on there might be valid, but they obviously threw everything at the wall to see what would stick. I'm surprised there isn't some kind of brake service on there too. I guess they forgot that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back