Renault Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more a fan of the BTCC during the 90's. Mostly because of the Volvo 850 and Rickard Rydell.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
...or the Mondeo and Alain Menu

Yes! Great memories
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
I was more a fan of the BTCC during the 90's. Mostly because of the Volvo 850 and Rickard Rydell.

As a kid, from probably about 7 years old, I constantly played this Platstation game; I think it was called Toca, and it was all about touring cars. This was in the mid/late 90's. I fell in love with them! The yellow and blue Renault Laguna really sticks in my memory, along with the Mondeo and silver and blue Volvo.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Probably my favourite car of all time

800px-Nationale_oldtimerdag_Zandvoort_2010%2C_1981_RENAULT_5_TURBO%2C_JH-VZ-86_pic2.JPG

The Renault 5 Turbo was a true weapon on the Grp.B stages but I'd place hundreds of other cars above the Clio V6, including the Clio Williams which many think was the better car.

Olas, the Clio V6 was the only one that I've ever seen live.

Would take the 5 turbo in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Probably my favourite car of all time

800px-Nationale_oldtimerdag_Zandvoort_2010%2C_1981_RENAULT_5_TURBO%2C_JH-VZ-86_pic2.JPG

Maybe my second fave ???

650_1000_renault_clio_v6_5.jpg

I ALWAYS liked that second one, ever since they first introduced them as spec series road racers.
thumbsup2.gif

I remember the R5 Turbo from it's WRC Group B days, even though it did not stand a chance once AWD became the requisite drivetrain in that series.
frown.gif

Also...
renault-espace-9856-1-P.jpg

Tim Harvey used to live along the road from me (within around 500 yards) and, at the time, drove a Volvo 850 T5-R (I think it was) on the road.

Originally Posted By: weasley
Also...
renault-espace-9856-1-P.jpg

Tim Harvey used to live along the road from me (within around 500 yards) and, at the time, drove a Volvo 850 T5-R (I think it was) on the road.

The F1 Espace was cool in its own way, but the GT40 powered Transit Supervan was even cooler!

Originally Posted By: weasley

Very cool to know! ...and that is my all-time favorite car.

Thanks for that, Whitewolf. I might be able to catch some of the stuff streaming. The BTCC coverage is terrible, despite how CBC Sports apparently "covers" it. Highlights, in this age of a billion channels? What is this, 1984 and ABC's Wide World of Sports?

Well, if you couldn't watch then you all missed a great weekend of motorsport! The BTCC was, as always, compelling* as were the WTCC and the support races. Even the MotoGP this weekend was a good one.

*last November I spent a bit of time with Gordon Sheddon and Matt Neal at a corporate event - both nice guys, and interesting to hear Matt's side of the Neal/Plato beef. Good to see them both at the front. That pep talk I gave must have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back