2016 Ford Escape/2.0L/6F35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2016 Ford escape with the 2.0L Ecoboost engine and I must say it is peppy.It has a 6 speed auto that with "normal" service should be serviced every I believe 125,000 miles.Severe service is 30,000.I read that the transmission filter is internal and can not be service unless you pull apart the transmission and to change the fluid regardless of use every 30K.My question is can this transmission last past 100K with regular maintenance even though the filter can't be changed?I know it's not a simple drain/refill.The temp of transmission must be correct.Has anyone tried to change their own fluid in the 6F35?Thanks Joe

Nope, it looks like you're gonna be the BITOG Beta tester for this transmission. Please let us know how you are doing.
grin2.gif

My mom has that trans and engine combo on her 2014 Fusion. The side cover of the trans was leaking at the first oil change so it got a fluid change under warranty.

Originally Posted By: Joeforester
My question is can this transmission last past 100K with regular maintenance even though the filter can't be changed?

Wait... what? At least 90% of cars on the road get NO transmission maintenance, and many of those transmissions go 200k miles on the factory fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back